Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be FE-C resistance support?
Thanks for the info, I will try the tool but dont have much hope for the Snap, I did try another tool called BLE FTMS from Gaetano and it did not show any connection, but I guess there could be various reasons for that.

At this point there seems to be three options:
1.Ant support with Facebook and Quest seems a bit far off, I suppose that would require both an Ant dongle attached to the quest and drivers.
2.I did find some Ant to FTMS converter thing from Cable I think it was, from 2018, but another gadget and another source of error.
3.Wahoo releases a FTMS firmware update, but who know when that will happen.

I think it will be easier to just exchange the Snap for another trainer, but which one, both manufacturers and reviewers report different things regarding FTMS support.
Not to mention the "wiggle room" from the Smart Bike thread :

"It has controllable resistance and claims to support FTMS, so should work, but there's always wiggle room. Perhaps they just report power and speed from FTMS and only support resistance control from ANT-FEC or a proprietary protocol (like the Cyclops M2, a similar priced trainer)."

The Elite Tuo trainer seems promising, but being magnetic it will require a new wheel and tyre, might consider cashing out for a Kickr Core at that point, but even then I can't be sure of full FTMS support.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will there be FE-C resistance support? - by Luelue - 10-30-2020, 08:12 AM