Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support for the Oculus Rift
(05-02-2020, 04:11 PM)Shon_T Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 05:30 PM)emalafeew Wrote: We have just about every VR headset and supported them all with our first product, the VZ Bike with VirZOOM Arcade.

With VZfit we realized we didn't have a big enough dev team to get out meaningful improvements every month AND maintain support on all those headsets and stores, with different levels of detail between PC-class and mobile-class applications.  So we decided to focus on the Go & Quest as the most affordable and best suited headsets for our brand of exercise.  

Since the Rift uses the same SDK and store it would be the shortest hop to support again, but would have same detail that can render fast enough on the Quest and Go.  If that's appealing to enough people we can talk about it!  But in terms of platform expansion we've been aiming at more types of bikes and exercise than VR headsets.

I started with the Rift, but only moved to the Go because the Rift wasn't supported. I think support for the Rift/Rift-S would be fantastic... especially if it didn't create too much extra work for your small team.

I agree, I promised my GO to someone but got a chance to try VZFit right before sending. I was blown away so went out and got a GO JUST for this. I already have a Rift so was disappointing but I did know this going in.

I just picked up a quest yesterday and can't wait to try steering with it vs the GO. I'm sure my neck will appreciate it lol

I completely understand why you've chosen that route. Makes complete sense. Hell, Oculus themselves are throwing all their resources into Quest, there are WAY more Quests/GOs out there over Rifts, so it's definitely what you should be doing.

Now if sales increase to a point you can hire someone to maintain both, AND Oculus continues PC HMD dev (which by the rumors they are working on one right now) that would be awesome.  An increase in graphics/details/textures would be most welcome!

Messages In This Thread
Support for the Oculus Rift - by JokerZero - 05-01-2020, 09:14 AM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Shon_T - 05-01-2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by emalafeew - 05-01-2020, 05:30 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Shon_T - 05-02-2020, 04:11 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Loyalty - 05-05-2020, 07:12 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Zeus3k - 07-08-2020, 05:57 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Shon_T - 07-08-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by KevinBrook - 07-12-2020, 11:17 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Shon_T - 07-13-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by petercrowley - 02-15-2021, 05:34 AM