Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explorer Rides without Google
(04-10-2020, 03:32 PM)weightmanw Wrote: I am a gamer and I don't really like the VR games you've made (kayak is probably the best so far) because I don't really like racing genres or tank games. I'm more of a rpg gamer. I'd love a bike based rpg or something similar. Could even be 2d or 2.5d.

Anyhow, so I use explorer quite a bit more. Have you considered renting a stereo 360 camera and actually going over the routes yourselves, or paying another form to do the same? That would be much better than the grainy Google maps. Definitely worth a subscription to get that.

Have you ever tried watching a 360 VR cycling video from Youtube whilst cycling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiNLLkGfbNg

That's a sample. The video quality is much better but obviously you're not actually there or part of the video in any way, it will play regardless of how fast you pedal, you can't steer etc. But if you all want is better visuals you might prefer it. At the very least it will give you an idea of the trade off. I personally think they are quite cool for the novelty value but I prefer the freedom and interactivity of VZFit Explorer.

Imagine a few years in the future though when fully immersive VR riding looks like this, will be amazing.

Not sure what's possible with the SDK but it would be cool if somehow we could import a VR video into VZFit and then have the speed of the video controlled by the cadence  sensor and how fast we are pedaling? Is that possible?

Messages In This Thread
Explorer Rides without Google - by weightmanw - 04-10-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: Explorer Rides without Google - by Stain2319 - 04-10-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Explorer Rides without Google - by weightmanw - 04-10-2020, 05:30 PM
RE: Explorer Rides without Google - by Shon_T - 04-10-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Explorer Rides without Google - by KevinBrook - 04-13-2020, 05:44 AM
RE: Explorer Rides without Google - by emalafeew - 04-13-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Explorer Rides without Google - by weightmanw - 05-05-2020, 11:07 PM