Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pegasus
All of the things in the program work fine for me except for Pegasus flying.

Why? It worked a couple times but it consistently doesn't work.

Please advise!

Huh
(10-08-2020, 12:20 AM)HeckaBecka Wrote: All of the things in the program work fine for me except for Pegasus flying.

Please advise!

Huh

There are two things to keep in mind about Pegasus flying:

One is that you need to eat apples in the Keep Flying and Gate Race games to give you "flying energy" represented by the blue stripe on the Pegasus back.  You can only fly when you have energy, which is key to those games.  In the Gem Hunt game you have infinite energy.

Two is the A button needs to be held in to bring your wings out and fly.  If you let go of A you won't be able to lift off from the ground, or will start gliding down from the air.  Btw this is an important way to conserve your flying energy!

Note that when you are gliding (not holding A while in the air), leaning forward from your initial centered position will make you dive, which can be useful to control your height or get to the ground faster.

Good luck!
(10-08-2020, 11:45 AM)emalafeew Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 12:20 AM)HeckaBecka Wrote: All of the things in the program work fine for me except for Pegasus flying.

Please advise!

Huh

One is that you need to eat apples in the Keep Flying and Gate Race games to give you "flying energy" represented by the blue stripe on the Pegasus back.  You can only fly when you have energy, which is key to those games.  In the Gem Hunt game you have infinite energy.

Two is the A button needs to be held in to bring your wings out and fly.  If you let go of A you won't be able to lift off from the ground, or will start gliding down from the air.  Btw this is an important way to conserve your flying energy!

Note that when you are gliding (not holding A while in the air), leaning forward from your initial centered position will make you dive, which can be useful to control your height or get to the ground faster.

Good luck!

(10-08-2020, 11:45 AM)emalafeew Wrote:

Please advise!

Huh

Good luck!

This is so frustrating. I double checked all you said and I was doing everything right. BUT ... nope the horse wont get off the ground. Press A and he walks no fly. Go to the helicopter one and it just stays on the platform, this worked fine the other day.

98% of the time, I have to mess with the sensor and/or game before I can even play. I am going to give it a couple more days then bail from this program.
I didn’t mention you also have to pedal fast enough while the wings are out, in order to lift off. Same is true for helicopter, which is always ready to fly without holding the A button.

If your Pegasus is walking rather than running that’s not fast enough to lift off.

The lift off speed at difficulty 5 is around 70 pedal rpm, just a bit higher than 1 Complete pedal revolution per second. If you pedaling at least that fast you should lift off. Make sure your sensor is mounted with the flat side vertical on your pedal crank, and rotates doesn’t just move a full 360 degrees per revolution. Note that means it won’t work attached to a pedal rather than crank.

If the sensor is working but that seems too fast to pedal, then lower your difficulty which is displayed above the HUD. That will increase your virtual speed with lower amounts of pedaling, to suit different types of workouts.

Sorry for your frustration hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. The more information you can share the better.
(10-12-2020, 11:39 AM)emalafeew Wrote: I didn’t mention you also have to pedal fast enough while the wings are out, in order to lift off.  Same is true for helicopter, which is always ready to fly without holding the A button.  

If your Pegasus is walking rather than running that’s not fast enough to lift off.

The lift off speed at difficulty 5 is around 70 pedal rpm, just a bit higher than 1 Complete pedal revolution per second.  If you pedaling at least that fast you should lift off. Make sure your sensor is mounted with the flat side vertical in your pedal crank, and rotates doesn’t just move a full 360 degrees per revolution.  Note that means it won’t work attached to a pedal rather than crank.  

If the sensor is working but that seems too fast to pedal, then lower your difficulty which is displayed above the HUD.  That will increase your virtual speed with lower amounts of pedaling, to suit different types of workouts.

Sorry for your frustration hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. The more information you can share the better.

Ok, I'll give that a shot today. I followed the instruction regarding the sensor, it is on the left pedal thingy (technical i know) not the pedal but the arm between where it attaches to the bike and the pedal. Smile