Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The goal of Explorer
We've changed the Explorer leaderboards on vzfit.com/stats to rank by the "Days Ago" you finish a ride, rather than ranking by the number of times you've finished it.

Later this sprint we'll add everyone's percentages before they finish a ride to the leaderboards, so everyone can see who's closest to finishing next.

The implied goal of Explorer is to finish all of our Suggested Rides as quickly as we post them!  We plan to make this clear in the game itself and also rank shared rides there.
I think there is a counter/time-out defect within the game on Quest.  Example, today I looked at Suggested Rides and chose Yukon, Alaska, which I've completed, but in-game, it showed "0 Rides". I picked another new ride and started, but mid-ride, I went back to the menu and again looked at Yukon, Alaska.  This time it did reflect "1 Rides".  I noticed this a couple of times this past week for the same ride, but I wasn't certain.  This time, I explicitly checked my actions and results.
Thanks I'll try to repro. Your server data correctly shows 1 ride, but that should have synced to your game before it showed you the first time.

Also good job finishing first in Chile, I was going to today if nobody else did!
(07-12-2019, 08:01 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Thanks I'll try to repro.  Your server data correctly shows 1 ride, but that should have synced to your game before it showed you the first time.

Also good job finishing first in Chile, I was going to today if nobody else did!

More info on that issue.  It seemed random between the different rides. Most of them would show the correct number of rides, but others 0, that I know I had completed.  

Seems to be a timing issue on reading that info from the server and presentation in the Quest interface for some rides.  But would correct if viewed later on in a session.  

I'd take screenshots, but casting to my Vizio TV's built-in Chromecast capability apparently does not work w/Quest. I need a real, more recent Chromecast device.
Sounds like it’ll be easy to find, don’t worry about recording. We’ve had luck with chromecast ultra 4K and the Quest.
In the latest Explorer release, your percent progress along a ride is now ranked on leaderboards together with finishers. Same percents or finish states are further sorted by who got there first.

Hopefully this creates more competition to finish new suggested rides, as you'll see who's working toward them!

You can also see your percent or finish state for every ride on the game's ride icons, to quickly see which rides you've begun and want to finish. Note if you restart a ride before finishing, we remember your highest percent for leaderboards, but it won't go up until you get to that point again.