Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events For All Games
Okay, we discussed internally and decided to make this change!  

Starting right now, there will be one game event per week that's cumulatively scored, plus the 4 head-to-head events that are now 7-10 PM Eastern on their respective days.

If you're online at the time of a head-to-head event we strongly encourage you to try it with other live players!  If you're about topping the leaderboards at any other time, get good at the cumulative game of the week!

You can see all the game events coming up, in order of next nearest start time, in the Upcoming section at vzfit.com/events
Head to head in Le Tour....  I went in the other day and competed with another biker and I had a slim (two second) lead after the first gate but then after that, the other biker ran off the course and down what looked like a driveway and when he re-emerged he had an insurmountable three minute lead.  He did it twice more down what appeared to be dead ends only reemerge with what ended up being a five minute lead.  

What gives?  If I go off the course track and onto the grass, my bike slows way down.  

I mean, if someone competing in the tour de France were to get off the track for a short cut, there's no way that individual would be rewarded with a winning time.  Boston Marathon, same thing. But apparently there are short cuts on VZfit that, if you know about them, you can take advantage and it gives you an unfair but undeniable advantage.

BakerBiker.
I think it is very good idea to do weekly events. I think though that it is getting very complicated now with tracking these events and historically lining them up in the Application
I think the way how it was arranged in old version of Virzoom was perfect.
It was like Snapchat. We’re you get the message and then it disappears. No need to store. Most people don’t care about storing that.
Same with VZfit. You care only if you will be doing well this week, you want to have a good ranking for this week. Who cares after a couple of months how you did.
I think it should be clearly displayed ranking every week for every single game every time you login or log out the game.
Also I believe that it should be multiple events. That means for every single game should be its own leaderboard for each week that disappears after the week is over and new one is created for next week.
Then everyone will have their own game they like to compete every week.

I think this will eliminate a lot of clutter that we have now. Too much data is stored unnecessarily.
We would have simple, clean view