Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explorer ride issues: Old Military Road, Ireland
I've tried riding this suggested ride twice, once in each direction, and there's definitely a problem with it.

First, the ride is listed as 22.4 miles, however when riding in reverse, the distance starts counting down from 30.2, and the percent complete stays at zero until I drop below 22.4 miles. I am following the white dots, and I think I know what's happening.

The white dots follow the path of the M50, M11, N12, and R755, which is indeed a 30.x mile route. The R115, however, is a 22.x mile route between the endpoints of this ride. Also, just check out the route from the VZfit web portal - Google maps suggests the longer route by default. Based on this, I think explorer is sending me along the wrong route.

The other thing that happens is that I can't finish the ride by the white dot route from either direction. Somewhere around the 20 mile point, the white dots suddenly stop and I run into a "wall" that's textured nicely to look like the road ahead, but which has no path through it (that I've found). I've run into the same thing in both directions, although I admit that I'm not sure if it's at the same place in each direction.
Thanks for the report surfous! I will look into this right now and fix. I may have to move the endpoints a bit, for the route we want to be suggested by Google to come first.
It's fixed now, I had to shorten the ending by about 1 mile. Thanks again for the sleuthing, owe you one!
Woohoo! Just rode it this morning, beginning to end. What a different vibe on this rural route instead of the motorway where everyone was (presumably) honking at me!
(06-04-2019, 05:16 PM)surfous Wrote: Woohoo! Just rode it this morning, beginning to end. What a different vibe on this rural route instead of the motorway where everyone was (presumably) honking at me!

Funny you should mention that... we want to add location-specific ambient sounds to Explorer, so you'd hear city noises in the city and country noises in the country.  Though probably don't want to hear realistic highways noises!