Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank Battle this Thursday!
We've created our first head-to-head Event, and hope everyone can join in this Thursday from 8-11 PM ET to test it!

It's going to be a Thunderbowl tank battle, where players are paired off for 5-minute matches.  The best score gets a point on the Event leaderboard, so keep playing to get more wins until the Event ends. You can see it now in the Upcoming Events section of vzfit.com/events and in-game.  Before it starts, make sure you have the new Play build we'll be releasing tomorrow.

Tank scoring for head-to-head is like solo, except that there are no waves, and player kills are worth 120 base points compared to AI kills worth 10 base points.  As with the solo game, base points are multiplied by your kill streak, which is capped at 8x and resets to 1x if you get hit.  If you are the first player, you'll just play in solo mode until a second player joins and begins the match.  VZ staff will be playing for competition but won't get points on the leaderboards.
can you change the time of competition. I work nights and I will not be possible for me to participate as I will be at work
I'm sorry, but for this initial test we needed to select a play time that would accommodate a good number of users, but also VirZOOM staff so that we could observe and participate as necessary.

But we will run more of these and at different times, so please don't be discouraged if you can't make it to this one!
The build for this is ready! See the VZfit Play update thread for details, and make sure you download it before playing tonight!

Who thinks they'll be able to join us?
Thanks everyone, that was a blast! Congrats James for crushing the rest of us.

Our H2H event scoring and new voice chat held up well, and we got most of the kinks out of the Mech upgrade except for shooting extreme left. EJ also had the idea to respawn at opposite ends of Thunderbowl, which is possible now that VZfit is H2H only. That way you can recharge and pickup a few powerups and streak multiplier before facing off again.

Play was heavy from 8-10 but trailed off the last hour. We'll keep experimenting with H2H events and time periods to get the most users. Note that Race Curvy & Oval, Gate Race, and Le Tour all support H2H as well, so we'd like to try one of those next.
(05-24-2019, 01:25 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Thanks everyone, that was a blast!  Congrats James for crushing the rest of us.

Our H2H event scoring and new voice chat held up well, and we got most of the kinks out of the Mech upgrade except for shooting extreme left.  EJ also had the idea to respawn at opposite ends of Thunderbowl, which is possible now that VZfit is H2H only.  That way you can recharge and pickup a few powerups and streak multiplier before facing off again.

Play was heavy from 8-10 but trailed off the last hour.  We'll keep experimenting with H2H events and time periods to get the most users.  Note that Race Curvy & Oval, Gate Race, and Le Tour all support H2H as well, so we'd like to try one of those next.
It was fun. I only played during the first hour. I know you guys were monitoring, but I did experience one wacky game, actually w/you.  After you joined my session, your tank appeared as a partially visible, somewhat floating tank, that zipped across the landscape 3 times, as if jumping into hyperspace.  And then you were gone completely for a bit before returning.   The visual all happened in a matter of 3-5 seconds.  That's about the best I can describe it.
Officespaced: that was the one time I crashed, due to some tricky timing of our voice chat initialization. We found and fixed it almost everywhere before releasie, and have an idea for how to fix this last case.