Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vzFit hardware
Hello, old Virzoom bike owner. I moved on from the bike, now have a trainer.
What is the hardware I need to make the VZfit apps work with my trainer (yes I know a bike trainer its not recommend. Any though of Virzoom making a front wheel holder to help support a bike with a trainer so you can support trainers?)
I'm looking at picking up an oculus quest around launch

Do we get any kind of discount on the new hardware?
Hi,

It's unlikely that we're build a trainer ourselves. More likely is that we'd find one made by someone else that we'd recommend. The main issue with trainers is the raised center of gravity. If it weren't for that you'd be able to find ones with a wide enough base to match the width of our old bike. As you said, both the front and back would need to be secured. If we find something that we feel comfortable recommending, we'll let everyone know.

There aren't any current discounts for the new hardware. Do you still have your old bike controller?
(05-09-2019, 06:52 PM)jwarburg Wrote: Hi,

It's unlikely that we're build a trainer ourselves.  More likely is that we'd find one made by someone else that we'd recommend.  The main issue with trainers is the raised center of gravity.  If it weren't for that you'd be able to find ones with a wide enough base to match the width of our old bike.  As you said, both the front and back would need to be secured.  If we find something that we feel comfortable recommending, we'll let everyone know.

There aren't any current discounts for the new hardware.  Do you still have your old bike controller?

yes I still have my old bike controller, but its too easy even on the hardest setting! That's why I moved over to a bike trainer.
Was your VZ Bike resistance always too easy on the hardest setting, or did it get easier? If you're up for it, you can unscrew the two sides of the pedal housing to reveal the magnetic resistance arm under the flywheel. There's a screw connecting the arm to a wire that goes to your resistance knob. You can loosen that screw and move the wire and retighten to adjust the resistance. The closer the arm is to the flywheel, the harder the resistance, so you'll want it really close when the resistance knob is at 8. So close that you'll need a nickel or other coin to space it from the flywheel when you retighten the wire, it's impossible to hold it that close by hand and not let it touch the flywheel while retightening.