Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May Thunder Prize Event
We've begun another $100 prize challenge.  This time it's for cumulative score in Thunderbowl through next Friday the 17th.  Beware of Superlith!
Hi everybody, this is Oakes. It seems I have more time to compete than the rest of you. As I’ve already won last month’s challenge I would like to ‘bow out’ of the official competition this time around to give everyone else a chance to win the prize. I will continue to compete unofficially because I love Thunderbowl anyhow and I’d like to see how many points I really can accumulate by the 17th but I’m asking the VZ staff to not include me in the drawing for the 100$ gift card this time. Good luck to all of you and let’s get out there and burn some calories on our bikes!!! Cheers!!!
Good on ya. The event doesn't seem to include Vs. mode, but lemme know if you'd like to kick my butt head-to-head sometime, haha.

Also I'm going to stand by what I said during the Pedalsephone event, if I'm the winner this time around, I'd like to trade my prize to host a VZ Sensor Kit giveaway.

(But given that there were like three other people ahead of me besides Oakes last time, I'll still have my work cut out for me, eh?)
This is pretty awesome of both of you. We'll honor Oakes' request to bow out of the drawing for this event. CrashFu, if you win let's talk about how you want to handle your giveaway.
Hey everyone! I didn’t see that we have May Thunder price event forum. I’m glad I found it!
Good to see everyone adding points. I check leaderboard daily. Glad I was able to catch up with Oakes. He is my friend and a really tough person. It will be rough competition.
I am very impressed with Shaheryarjafri who in one day made from the bottom to the fifth place. I know he’s a beginner and deserves praise!
Personally I lost 4 pounds just over one week peddling my bike with this event . Thank you VZ!
If I win, I would like to donate my price To VZfit sensor kit giveaway.
Haha, have I started a trend here? ;-)

At this rate, you certainly have the highest chances of winning; Do you have any thoughts on how you'd like to handle the giveaway if/when you win? For example, would you like VirZoom to announce it and accept entrants for the drawing publicly (and credit you as the sponsor), or do you have a favorite forum / subreddit / personal social-media account you'd like to exclusively advertise / take drawing entrants on? Or even a specific friend you'd like to gift one to?

P.S. Good to hear that you're having such a good time with the contest. You and Oakes are both way up there! And congrats on the weight loss; I haven't devoted nearly as much time as the two of you, but I still feel good getting in as much exercise as I have been. Big Grin
Giveaway should promote Virzoom the best way possible. I think Virzoom should announce publicly to accept entrants on the Virzoom website and credit VZ players in general as sponsors. Like “VZ Player foundation”.
That is my thought, if any better ideas please share?
Sounds like a good idea. Either way, I think the event winner should decide how they want the giveaway to work, since they're trading in their own personal prize to do it.

If I luck out and win the event, I'm planning to make a thread on the official Oculus forums and accept entrants there. Maybe not as many people would see it, but since many of the people there already have Oculus Go (or will be getting Oculus Quest in a few days) I figure there's a better chance that whoever wins the Sensor Kit will actually end up using it. I'd hate for it to just end up collecting dust in someone's closet or being flipped on eBay or something, lol.

Because of that, it's probably a good idea for any kind of giveaway to include a disclaimer, urging people to only enter IF they have (or plan to get) both the required headset and an exercise bike.

(And now to hop back on mine, and see if I can increase my chances of winning a bit. Only two days left!)
This is great everyone. We're happy to work with anyone wishing to convert the prize over to a sensor kit giveaway in any way we can. We'd love to boost engagement on the VZfit Community Facebook group but hitting the Oculus forums is also a great idea to introduce us to some new users.

Let's see who wins!
(05-14-2019, 02:34 PM)Thanks alot Superlith for your support and kind words. and thanks so much for introducing me to the world of VR. I just love it. hats off to you for scoring on top on Thunder. You are champ. Superlith Wrote: Hey everyone!  I didn’t  see that we have May Thunder price event forum.  I’m glad I found it!
Good to see everyone adding points.  I check leaderboard daily.  Glad I was able to catch up with Oakes.  He is my friend and a really tough person. It will be rough competition.
I am very impressed with Shaheryarjafri  who in one day made from the bottom to the fifth place.  I know he’s a beginner and deserves praise!  
Personally  I lost 4 pounds just over one week peddling my bike with  this event .  Thank you VZ!
If I win, I would like to donate my price To VZfit  sensor kit giveaway.