Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on VZfit Play
I hear everyone, it's on the backlog. Does it only happen with homing missiles, or does it only happen on higher levels?
I played a lot on the helicopter this month. Above described problems are easily reproducible in my opinion. I tried several times today and I could reproduce that every time.
Happens with homing missiles. It is always with the shields.
When one shield opens, I fire missile and try to mark next open shield immediately and fire. It marks next open shield target, but doesn’t kill the next one. Automatically it is counted as I missed the target and I get down to five points.
What happens now that I try not to mark next to target when my missile is in the flight. Wait until hits the target, then I mark the next open shield and fire. Slows me down quite a bit.
I have oculus quest
Food for thought, could there be an option with homing missiles to use voice command to fire? Pressing and releasing the A button would only lock on the target. It's a bit challenging to hold the A button while locked on and try to use the B button to change altitude.
Did an hour and a half of helicopter this morning. Same problems. If you fire the missile when shield opens, you cannot mark the next open shield and shoot until missile hits the target and resets. Very predictable reproduced it dozen of times.
What I’m doing now is waiting every time until the target is destroyed , then mark the next one and shoot the next missile.
Also I noticed that with shields if 2 shields are open, Mark both, but the second one doesn’t fire missile immediately . There is a delay and goes to the shield then. Of course I have to start from scratch again counting the points.

Stats: usage:
Do you not understand this section, can you please explain.
Usage:

This week 7:35:23

Total 3 days, 20:15:21

Also would be good to have how many Spins today and also how many hours this week, average weekly and total
Here's a quirk that is intermittent. I was doing River Run (helicopter) and received a phone call so I put the game on pause and removed my Oculus Go. When I put the goggles back on, it had gone to sleep so I had to wake up the goggles and then get back to the paused game. When the game resumed I was looking at the "billboard" saying how much time remained. The volume controls (left and right arrows) still worked but the A button wouldn't work. I ended having to Quit the game using the Oculus controller. I tried this multiple times in an effort to diagnose the problem and it was hit or miss. Most of the time everything woke up fine but occasionally I could select anything with the A button.
(08-18-2019, 02:30 AM)ggroppe Wrote: Here's a quirk that is intermittent.  I was doing River Run (helicopter) and received a phone call so I put the game on pause and removed my Oculus Go.  When I put the goggles back on, it had gone to sleep so I had to wake up the goggles and then get back to the paused game.  When the game resumed I was looking at the "billboard" saying how much time remained.  The volume controls (left and right arrows) still worked but the A button wouldn't work.  I ended having to Quit the game using the Oculus controller.  I tried this multiple times in an effort to diagnose the problem and it was hit or miss.  Most of the time everything woke up fine but occasionally I could select anything with the A button.

Weird, I'll try that.  If the volume controls work, the A button should work unless the game has frozen.  We freeze game time while on the pause menu but not button handling.
Any chance in getting the drafting bonus back when you draft behind other riders? Don't have to have the effects or sound that was made in the original version, but it would be nice to have the ability to collect points from drafting which would help in getting better scores.
We took out the drafting bonus for VZfit because we meant it to be a way to relax your legs after pushing hard. As a scoring bonus, we got feedback that it worked against the gate time and challenge bonuses, because drafting generally makes you slower.
We made a Play release tonight with a bunch of fixes to reported issues, see here for details
Drafting for bonus was good though when you had completed the gate challenge and still had time to get to the next gate.