Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on VZfit Play
(07-19-2019, 02:42 PM)ggroppe Wrote: Sweet!  I just tried to step on a tank the other night when I was out of ammo.

I had an unfortunate occurence the same night that I attempted to step on a tank.  I was doing the 45 minute Winterstan when about 75% of the way through I saw the "connection lost" message.  I completed the round, scored 2700 points and racked up 3000 spins.  However I apparently still did not have internet access but had forgotten about the connection message.  I was simply glad to have completed the round.  A little later I noticed that my stats did not reflect my ride.  

Question: IF I had stayed in the App and kept my Oculus Go turned on, could I have addressed my internet issue and saved my stats?

If the answer is Yes then I recommend that connection lost message mention this.  I would also recomend that when you complete something and connection is still lost that a message warn the user and mention that stats can still be saved IF connection is restored prior to quitting the App.

I don't believe our game is monitoring or reporting network loss like that in solo games.  Are you sure the message didn't come from Oculus system overlay?

If the network was connected at the time you completed or quit the game, your progress would have been saved.  Perhaps we can check then, and see if you can reconnect to give it another chance.

Note in multiplayer games, if we lose the connection to our game server, you are booted to the main menu with a message "Online gameplay failed".
Eric, thank you for responding so quickly. There is another bug with Giant Mech in Thunderbolt . If button a pressed to shoot continuously and looking down to “re-center” it shoots every time you look at “recenter”.
Ok, that and Mech stomping on tanks will make it into next build, though why are you recentering so much? Smile

I just released a Play build with 3 other Mech fixes, Racecar star tuning, and easier Explorer launching. We also noticed the AI cyclists in Le Tour were either all men or all women, and fixed them to be mixed.
Again In Thunder bowl Giant Mech continuously pressing shooting button and looking up to the menu circle shot is fired, same as looking down to re-center.

I use oculus quest and that was in that event
You’re right it’s the same bug. In other places besides the mech we recognize when the player is gazing at a UI element and prevent game from getting button presses. The Mech was written a different way so doesn’t use this method, but will in next build.
I've noticed that River Run lags at the most inopportune times in the later rounds.  I'm at the point with the game where the only way to improve my score is to never miss a target.  However, my efforts are repeatedly thwarted because the game will lag right when I'm about to fire and I end up missing.  I have an Oculus Go and fiber to my home.  Thoughts?
My thoughts are at later stages there's a lot going on and pushing the Go's CPU hard. It wouldn't be related to your network, there's probably more optimization we need to do. I haven't looked at higher stages in a while but will check them out.
I had an odd glitch today that likely will be impossible to reproduce.  I was 8:00 into a 10:00 River Run with Homing Missiles when I locked unto a target and fired.  Before the missile reached the target, the game lagged, glitched or something and my homing missile disappeared.  The game considered it a miss so my target score reset back to 5 on the next one.  I consoled myself in that I still managed a personal best of 3000 points.
Had this happen on several occasions. Just chalked it up to communications glitch and kept on going.
(08-10-2019, 11:43 PM)spyder17 Wrote: Had this happen on several occasions.  Just chalked it up to communications glitch and kept on going.
Same here. It usually happens at least once per session. I had another odd occurrence where my fired missile stopped in mid-air, shortly after firing, and I flew right past it!