Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on VZfit Play
(08-23-2019, 05:16 AM)spyder17 Wrote: Drafting for bonus was good though when you had completed the gate challenge and still had time to get to the next gate.

I see that, as a way to maximize your score, but it's a tricky situation to just barely make the gate time in order to get more points drafting.  Definitely an expert move.  The problem was new players discovering the drafting bonus and thinking that was the main goal, rather than getting the challenge bonus and gate time.  To manage both, what do you think of getting "turbo energy" instead of points while drafting, you could then release later to help scoring like in Racecar?
Like that Idea.
(08-23-2019, 05:56 PM)spyder17 Wrote: Like that Idea.

Me too.  Consider a "beta channel" to test these ideas before rolling out and get feedback?
We have the ability to make such a whitelist channel for testing, but a feature like this is small enough it's enough for people to say it's a good idea, and then find a slot in our priority list. I've put in the backlog to consider for next Play release, which should also contain Cali Rally.
Just now tried helicopter game on event for August. It sure told me first 2-3 targets, then it stops hitting the targets, missiles go, but don’t hit and to destroy. Homing is not marking in green either
Apparently last update from 8/22 affected the game, could not play at all. Logged out.

Just now tried helicopter game on event for August. It sure told me first 2-3 targets, then it stops hitting the targets, missiles go, but don’t hit and to destroy. Homing is not marking in green either
Apparently last update from 8/22 affected the game, could not play at all. Logged out.
I have  a recurring problem with the helicopter game. The game starts fine, but after a while (15-20 minutes), rendering noticeably slows down. Then within another 3-5 minutes, the helicopter starts spinning, stops moving and the background goes to blocks of color. The game continues, but nothing moves. The only way to fix it is to restart the game, which seems fine then. This is on an Oculus Go with 32Gb of RAM.
Thanks for the Heli reports. We changed the way explosions were instanced to be less glitchy but will look for side effects.
(08-26-2019, 12:10 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Thanks for the Heli reports.  We changed the way explosions were instanced to be less glitchy but will look for side effects.

Interesting you say that because as the game goes on, the explosions do tend to slow down - meaning the time to complete expands and the frame rate slows, with an occasional large red dot or blank frame appearing.
I play the game every day for 45 minutes, and these events occur very sporadically, but can be annoying. 
A tank will sometimes get stuck in a location that is difficult, or in some cases, impossible to find. It's always the last tank in a round and just one, but a couple of times I've had to drive around for 5 minutes or more, going through many locations and still see no red arrows indicating where the final tank is. Other times, I've found a tank stuck behind a rock or on a cliff, with no way to get down. There should be a limit to how long a tank can remain in 1 place and there should be an indication if a tank is stuck or very far away, where it is so the player can drive toward it.
Please, please on your next release can you send feedback to the system that no controller is needed? It’s always been an annoyance to have to use a controller to start the gam when after that bike controllers are used. I’m using an Oculus Quest and now that hand control has been introduced, I can navigate the menus and select the VZ apps with my hand. But as soon as the app is selected I get the message that a controller is needed and I can only start the app by using the touch controller.

This means I either fumble around with my head gear on to set the controller down safely or leave it hanging from my wrist the entire workout

Suggestion for Winterstan. When going downhill it is difficult and sometimes impossible to get your head low enough to aim at the tanks. How about using a couple of those unused buttons to lower or raise the gun?