Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering
I am having trouble manually steering. It seems to favor moving right and wil automatically veer right, even if I'm trying to go straight. Right turns are easy, but left turns are very difficult. I'm having this trouble on tilt, and lean. Auto steer works just fine, but I can't go where I want that way. I've used a mirror to make sure my headset is not on crooked, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm using an Oculus Quest 2. Is there anyway I can adjust or calibrate the steering? Also, I am using an elliptical but am not having any other issues. I love this app, by the way.
With an elliptical it might be best to use auto steering as it is harder to lean or tilt than when on a bike. Make sure that is you center the headset by looking down to recenter. If you are off center is will veer off to one side.
Note we only show the RECENTER button down below if you're using "gaze mode" for UI control. You'll need to hold down the Oculus home button to recenter with "laser pointer" mode. Like spyder said, do it when your head is centered on your elliptical.

It just occurred to me that only gaze mode users see the "look down between your arms" message which implicitly centers your head on a bike. We should add something like that to the laser mode setup sequence.
Thanks. Yes, recentering seemed to help. I looked slightly left and it stopped pulling right. I didn’t see the option in the app, so changed to gaze. Still didn’t see it, but used the Oculus button. Thanks!