Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Created 3D Environment Rides "UNITY?"
Hi, While I love the real world views and aesthetic of VZ Explorer.
I wish VZFit had just some really beautiful rides, while the games are fun, I really want to just casually ride and view beautiful 3D scenery.

I was wondering if it were possible to create a User-based community of 3D level map rides.
I am a Unity "enthusiast" and It would be really fun to get the source of the VIRZOOM Player Controller to create maybe some of my own terrain/road maps like a real Biking Simulator. 
Maybe some rain, crashing waves, birds flying, sun rays through trees, virtual cities, etc. 
I know it needs to be an android based & Quest optimized. Maybe a Unity Template? 

I know its a stretch but just a thought to enhance the experience and bring more content.
I like this idea! I'm a CG Animator and would love to do something like this. I have more experience in unreal engine and maya, but would be into messing around with a Unity Template. I'm pretty new to the vz fit community still, so I need more in game time to get a feel for what is possible.
(01-14-2021, 01:48 PM)Daugie Wrote: I like this idea! I'm a CG Animator and would love to do something like this. I have more experience in unreal engine and maya, but would be into messing around with a Unity Template. I'm pretty new to the vz fit community still, so I need more in game time to get a feel for what is possible.

I am new to VZ as well. and I love it. 
I use Unreal also, I wonder if they would let us have access to the cadence / head controller to create some additional realistic experiences. Like i said earlier I know things need to be optimized for Quest.
We're talking about bringing over the Le Tour and Cali Rally virtual levels from Play into Explorer, and then expanding those virtual levels and eventually allowing players who have those Unity skills to upload and share them. Obviously the skills needed are far greater than making shared rides now for Explorer, but that's the direction we're thinking.