Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manage your rides on vzfit.com
The first version of our ride management page is now up at vzfit.com/explorer/manage_rides

You can get to it from the new Ride menu option, which also contains the "Upload KML" and "Review Snapshots" options.

From this page you can sort and filter all the shared rides in lots of ways, and check them to appear in your Favorites tab in game.

You can (and should!) also rate rides you've completed.  The Popular tab is now generated from these ratings, which were hand-seeded to begin with.  

The behavior of the map window takes a little explaining, and may yet change as we settle on the best interface.  Each ride has a marker, containing a "place" label based on how far from the center of the map it is.  If you click on a marker, or the place label in the ride list, the map will recenter, update all place labels, and resort the ride list on place.

We'll be listening to feedback here, and once this interface is in a good place we'll try to replicate it in-headset as well.
We just fixed an error in giving ratings to rides with more than one rating already. If you voted for a ride could you please do so again? Note you can change your rating for a ride at any time with the correct behavior.

Rides also now take 2 ratings to appear on the popular list. We may bump it up after there are more ratings.
We also just fixed a favorite sync issue, which appears when you checked (or unchecked) favorite on a ride you hadn't tried before (progress is '-'), and refreshed the manage rides page before restarting Explorer. Btw you always need to restart Explorer to see favorites you've checked on vzfit.com.
Sorry, there one was last issue which prevented new ratings and favorites on certain rides. They really should all work now!
I would like to ask for a feature request because it may be a dealbreaker if I don't have this info. I would like the date that I rode the bike on the Manage Rides page. I don't care that the ride I am doing was create a year ago. That's nice and all, but the date of my ride is a critical element. If you want to go back and see how many rides you took this month, how many days off you took, etc., unless you write it down on a piece of paper or type it into a memo on your computer once your ride is over, it's impossible to remember the dates of all of your rides. Please add this. I cannot stress the importance of this information. I just had to sort the page by miles and click through two pages to find a ride I did a half an hour ago to make sure I had the miles right. That just should not be necessary.

Edited to add: I opened a Strava account but can't figure out how to use that site and just don't have the patience to try to figure it out to see one piece of information.
(11-13-2020, 01:18 AM)cleee Wrote: I would like to ask for a feature request because it may be a dealbreaker if I don't have this info. I would like the date that I rode the bike on the Manage Rides page. I don't care that the ride I am doing was create a year ago. That's nice and all, but the date of my ride is a critical element. If you want to go back and see how many rides you took this month, how many days off you took, etc., unless you write it down on a piece of paper or type it into a memo on your computer once your ride is over, it's impossible to remember the dates of all of your rides. Please add this. I cannot stress the importance of this information. I just had to sort the page by miles and click through two pages to find a ride I did a half an hour ago to make sure I had the miles right. That just should not be necessary.

Edited to add: I opened a Strava account but can't figure out how to use that site and just don't have the patience to try to figure it out to see one piece of information.

Hi, we are planning to add that info in our next build!

It will be useful on manage_rides, and a similar update we are making to the in-game Explore Rides page.
We've started our next build and here are our goals for it. Note we plan to have this release, and then one more, before we submit Explorer to review for the Oculus store.

Explorer & Play:

- Changing VZfit membership to be based on oculus ID rather than device address. That means that players will be able to use one VZfit membership for multiple devices and multiple headsets, while still allowing unlimited family accounts on headsets owned by that oculus ID. Players already registered with their device won't have to change, but will be able to do so easily by relogging in.

Explorer only:

- New UI flow that incorporates a lot o requests we've gotten to access things quicker and easier with better explanation
- Incorporating 2D map into finding, creating, and tracking ride progress
- Allow laser-pointing in bike mode
- Adding more mocapped moves to standing trainer routines
- Better feedback on workout progress and completion stats
- 3rd person standing animation improvements
- Warning when nearing edge of standing Exerboard
- Multiple HUD configurations to select between
- Standing mode will become the new default, and players will be able to switch back-and-forth to bike mode easily
Is there a way to change the name of a ride once it's uploaded and/or shared in Explorer?  For example, I'm riding South America and have logged six rides in Argentina, but mistakenly named one of the rides differently than the other five. 

Thanks in advance.

Eric
(12-27-2020, 09:22 PM)llirge24 Wrote: Is there a way to change the name of a ride once it's uploaded and/or shared in Explorer?  For example, I'm riding South America and have logged six rides in Argentina, but mistakenly named one of the rides differently than the other five. 

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Not at the moment. It's on our list of future feature requests.
Hi guys,
If I have uploaded a ride to share however I now want to chage the ride, if I delete the shared ride what happens to people who may be already riding it?
thanks r