Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions for our Master thesis - University of copenhagen
Hello there,

Me and a colleague are doing our masters thesis at the university of Copenhagen where we are researching the effects of virtual reality on hospitalization length as well as the amount of re-hospitalizations. We are making a series of iterations with an array of different technologies that I myself am implementing. One of the ideas we wished to test involved the use of your technology.

I will be keeping this thread here so I can have a space to perhaps get some assistance in an open forum that may help others as well in the future.

I have been reading through the documentation before purchasing a device and I have a few questions:

1) I intend to use the app that I create in unity on an "Oculus go/Quest" but developing on a windows PC does this mean that I will still need a Dongle as per this comment

"There are additional steps that users will need to use Sensor Kit with Windows. We will try to avoid these in the future, but for now Windows users will need a VZ Dongle to talk to their Sensor Kit. Also, UWP users will need to install Autohotkey and run the script from Assets/StreamingAssets/vzbutton.ahk. "

As I understand it this is only needed when wishing to play the built game from a pc correct? It is not needed for development? please correct me if I'm wrong.

2) Are there any tutorials or guides for setup or better yet, samples made in the SDK that can be tested rapidly?

3) Are there any possibilities of sponsorship for a master thesis? Where we have created a living lab in a few hospitals in greater Copenhagen and have many doctors, nurses and professors involved?

I appreciate you taking the time to read my questions and perhaps even answer them =)

Kind regards,

Steen
Thanks for writing Steen. Happy to answer these and further questions as you proceed.

> As I understand it this is only needed when wishing to play the built game from a pc correct? It is not needed for development? please correct me if I'm wrong.

You would also need one for development and testing from a PC. The dongle is not a security measure but a legacy of the way we communicated with the original VZ Bike.

> Are there any tutorials or guides for setup or better yet, samples made in the SDK that can be tested rapidly?

The documentation at http://virzoom.com/sdk describes a test scene contained in the SDK, that can be built and run on any supported VR platform.

> Are there any possibilities of sponsorship for a master thesis? Where we have created a living lab in a few hospitals in greater Copenhagen and have many doctors, nurses and professors involved?

We can't do anything about your tuition, but may be able to help with our system cost for health research. Please send an email to support@virzoom.com to discuss.