Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user questions
Hi folks. I am a new user and LOVE this program! I look forward to using it constantly. I am a cancer patient and homebound due to risk factors for Covid and recovering from treatment and need stuff to keep me moving. This will definitely do it!

I have few questions about my experiences today:

1 - How do you Exit out of the Play section? I went to the tutorial, did the horse chase and passed that. Then I did a few minutes of the pond with the ducks but had to exit out for a bit. But I could not get out. I chose End Session but it just brings you back to the main screen that tells you to look down to recenter. None of the buttons on the Quest controller have any effect to get you back to your main Quest home page.

2 - If I choose, let's say, a 12 mile ride and have to stop mid-way and quit, is there anywhere that I can see how many miles I've done on that ride so far rather than just seeing what percent I have completed? I did about 5 miles of a 20 mile ride today and then had to shut down and that ride does not show up on my Ride Management page. Is the only way to see how much mileage you've done is to complete the ride?

3 - I did a bit of a ride of a user's shared ride (thanks for sharing!) and noticed that the white dots were on the wrong side of the road so cars would be traveling backwards as I was riding along. I can deal with it but is there any way to change that and put the dots in the other lane?

Thanks! I'm looking so forward to getting a lot out of this program.
(10-31-2020, 10:34 PM)cleee Wrote: Hi folks. I am a new user and LOVE this program! I look forward to using it constantly. I am a cancer patient and homebound due to risk factors for Covid and recovering from treatment and need stuff to keep me moving. This will definitely do it!

I have few questions about my experiences today:

1 - How do you Exit out of the Play section? I went to the tutorial, did the horse chase and passed that. Then I did a few minutes of the pond with the ducks but had to exit out for a bit. But I could not get out. I chose End Session but it just brings you back to the main screen that tells you to look down to recenter. None of the buttons on the Quest controller have any effect to get you back to your main Quest home page.

2 - If I choose, let's say, a 12 mile ride and have to stop mid-way and quit, is there anywhere that I can see how many miles I've done on that ride so far rather than just seeing what percent I have completed? I did about 5 miles of a 20 mile ride today and then had to shut down and that ride does not show up on my Ride Management page. Is the only way to see how much mileage you've done is to complete the ride?

3 - I did a bit of a ride of a user's shared ride (thanks for sharing!) and noticed that the white dots were on the wrong side of the road so cars would be traveling backwards as I was riding along. I can deal with it but is there any way to change that and put the dots in the other lane?

Thanks! I'm looking so forward to getting a lot out of this program.

Glad to help!

1 - There are two ways to exit VZfit Play to get back to Oculus home:

One is to press the "home button" on the right Quest hand controller to bring up the Oculus dashboard, then select "exit VZfit Play".  

The other is to press the "menu" button in VZfit Play, rotate to the "options" menu, then select "Exit".

2- The "percentage complete" in the HUD flips back and forth with "distance remaining" every 10 seconds.  So if you rode 4 miles of a 20 mile ride, it should show 15 miles left.  Agree it would be good to show mileage complete on the Manage Rides page!  

3 - We show the dots exactly where the images were taken in Google Streetview.  When they appear on the wrong side of the road, it's because the Google car was traveling in the other direction from you!  Note you can start any ride from its end, and head back to its beginning, but there's no guarantee of the Google car going in the same direction along the entire path.  Country roads without intersections are your best bet.
Excellent! Thank you for answering my questions. I am sore this morning after my (somewhat meager) rides yesterday but it feels great!
i just set this up and all seems to be working, but the bike doesn't move when i pedal. Sensor it working. I really excited for this to work.
(11-05-2020, 10:12 PM)reneewert Wrote: i just set this up and all seems to be working, but the bike doesn't move when i pedal. Sensor it working.  I really excited for this to work.

Which sensor are you using?
the same happens to me
the sensor is magene model s3
(11-07-2020, 01:57 AM)Jorgerocau Wrote: the same happens to me
the sensor is magene model s3

Is the RPM number in game going up and you are not moving forward, or you are pedaling and the RPM's are not going up?  I would recommend rebooting the headset and checking the battery in the sensor. Also, make sure the sensor is in Cadence mode and mounted properly on the pedal crank. If neither of those address the issue support can help you troubleshoot further.
Do you have it set for speed or cadence?
is configured for cadence
If your HUD is showing RPM's then it might be your wireless connection. Double check and make sure that your headset is connected to your network and that you have good bandwidth.