Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping track?
I am enjoying this app quite a bit on my Quest 2 but I am having issues figuring out how to keep track of stuff. If I go  to the Manage Rides page, there is no way to see the dates that I rode unless it's a ride that I created. Today I know I rode for 1 mile on a shared user's ride but could not find it and thought maybe I was dreaming. I sorted the list by Progress and finally found it there and the date listed was the date the ride was created which was months ago. 

Are there any plans to update this to include the date the ride took place? That would be really helpful. Having the start and end time as well as the date would be great. 

One more question: Is there any way to save a ride without sharing it? I rode to the homes of some friends of mine and would love to keep those rides available (and name them accordingly) but don't see a way to do that unless I share them. Is that the case? 

Thanks!
(11-05-2020, 12:37 AM)cleee Wrote: I am enjoying this app quite a bit on my Quest 2 but I am having issues figuring out how to keep track of stuff. If I go  to the Manage Rides page, there is no way to see the dates that I rode unless it's a ride that I created. Today I know I rode for 1 mile on a shared user's ride but could not find it and thought maybe I was dreaming. I sorted the list by Progress and finally found it there and the date listed was the date the ride was created which was months ago. 

Are there any plans to update this to include the date the ride took place? That would be really helpful. Having the start and end time as well as the date would be great. 

One more question: Is there any way to save a ride without sharing it? I rode to the homes of some friends of mine and would love to keep those rides available (and name them accordingly) but don't see a way to do that unless I share them. Is that the case? 

Thanks!

Hi, we don't currently store the last ride date but we're planning to add this sprint to show on that page!

We hadn't thought of marking the start date of each ride but that might be cool.  We're a bit worried about overloading the number of table columns, but if we make every ride a link instead of just the ones you own we could perhaps put on there.

And yes, you can definitely save rides without sharing them.  They will appear in game under your Created tab, and on the manage_rides page when you filter by Unshared. No ride is shared unless you choose to Share it on that page or from the game.
Set up a Strava account and link to that and you can see every ride you did with stats on each ride.
(11-05-2020, 06:27 PM)spyder17 Wrote: Set up a Strava account and link to that and you can see every ride you did with stats on each ride.

Thanks for the replies. I was reading about Strava and it said something about social features. I really have no interest in social features, just tracking my own rides. Is it possible to use Strava without public profiles and whatnot?

As for number of columns, the only things I want to know about my ride are:
Date
What ride was it
Distance I rode
Start Time
End time
And maybe, but not necessary the ability to mark a ride as a Favorite

Ratings are subjective so using two columns for them seems kind of excessive. I have no idea what the "Place" column does. I'm just really not a fan of the Managed Rides page and the information that it provides. I appreciate your willingness to listen to feedback.
You can keep your information private. I use only to track my rides and stats. It will do most everything you are looking for except for marking a ride as a favorite. I think this has to be done in VZFit. This link shows a screen shot of some of the information that you see from a ride. You can also get more detail by clicking on the analysis button. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxsxrgads4kstg...2.jpg?dl=0
Thanks again for the replies. Is there any way in Manage Rides to rename my rides? I have about 7 of them now and all it says is cleee's Ride 1, Ride 2 and so on. I have no idea which is which. Sorry for all the questions. I'm searching and clicking on everything trying to figure out how to rename my rides but don't see anything.
Currently there is no way to rename rides. It is something we plan on adding in the future.

The Place column is just the number of the ride on when shown on the map.
(11-06-2020, 05:08 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: Currently there is no way to rename rides. It is something we plan on adding in the future.

The Place column is just the number of the ride on when shown on the map.

Great, thanks for the reply. Loving the program.