Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When was the last VZFit Play update?
Hey everyone!

For VZFit Play, is everyone still on the build with the rainbow in the UI? I think it's like 3 or 4 months old now? 

I used to get updates about every 6 weeks or so. I REALLY miss being able to see who is competing in the events. It's just a blank leaderboard. Now I only see where I place and no one else's place. Also River Run has some bugs that have made my most favorite game very frustrating (during events) for several months now and I'm not sure if they've been reported or not either. Is there a forum specific for mentioning bugs?

Finally, if the July build is still the most current, is there a beta since then and if so, how does one become a beta tester? I use this game religiously and virtually never use Explorer...so would love to be one! If not, is an update on the horizon?

I'm a self-admitted VR Snob so VZ Explorer to me sadly will never be good enough so never used and NOT because of the VirZoom (VZFit?) Team. They've done an amazing job with what they have. It will only be good enough to me when planet earth has been mapped and stitched into a perfect photogrammetric model and vehicles removed which is a ways off yet...we're getting there and imagine will in the not too distant future. Would be cool if the VZ team had some insider info on that being their business is dependant on it. 

IMHO, it would be better if cities were done up like in Grand Theft Auto (Models) but I do get that interest in using real earth photos and obviously, it's super popular. I plan to make a city marathon race just for fun with the SDK but using gaming models of course. 

If the VZFit | Virzoom team and the Holodia team worked together it would be the perfect VR Cardio game!  

The team here puts a LOT into the gaming aspect, I think a lot more than many realize. Like placing turrets in River Run perfectly where reflex would lead someone to blast a fuel tank, or a shield go down but right as you have to go under a bridge causing someone without experience to miss the shot. Little things that take time to 'click' .... That's some brain work right there. 

The Holodia team put about that same effort into the VR World creation and the fitness aspect. (Like showing the cycles of uphill downhill the way machines do, HIIT | Fat Burn modes, estimated calories burned, easier to control music system. etc) and they have a companion mobile app which is pretty cool. It's lacking but it' there. They too are growing, hell they are only on SideQuest for Quest atm. 

I use both for those reasons too which is helping negate stagnation and losing motivation to ride.

I lost 36 lbs since I started and hope to keep it off while I increase muscle mass!

Thanks for reading my novel!!

Much love you guys!

Thanks!

-Tim

Ok, updating this thread...it looks like I just received the 10/5 update within the past 2 days which is awesome. Not sure what if any changes but about to give it a go!
Update---I got back in and within the past 48hrs must have got the 10/5/2020 update

Initial feedback: 

1. The rainbow was added, or at least I thought I saw from an admin that it was added for Pride month. If so, having it still there would appear to be sloppy. TBH (not trying to be a jerk here, I'm in Software myself) If it was added for Pride month, that's a great idea and think it would have been cool to keep that going by having this release have a Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Honnukuh/Kwanza etc theme depending on the timing of your next release. I think an updated theme based on world events or Holidays and such would be cool. I'm not sure how hard it would be to ship builds with these assets already in them and load certain ones into the GUI based on the clock date of the Quest! Smile

2. I was very disheartened to see that the leaderboard issue is still there. It's been many months now (and billing cycles mind you) so not really sure what is happening there. This week's event is the pond. I loaded up the 10min run to see if 'maybe' the leaderboard would populate after scoring and that it was empty because the event just started 2 hours ago but no. I'm hoping it's server-side and we don't need to wait several more months for a fix or a hotfix is pushed out really really really soon

3. To make matters worse, I could not even finish a  complete 10 minute round the way I normally would (don't want to give out the secret) due to a bug from 2 or 3 versions back popping up again. I'm not sure if it's a regression or what though the issue of the old ladies not responding when you bring ducks into the perimeter. I did what it takes to win the most points possible (again not giving out the secret), was excited to see if the leaderboard was going to populate but the lady didn't respond. I quickly made my way to the next lady to see if maybe it's a new bug and only the one zone was affected, but sadly that wasn't the case.

Out of frustration, I stopped testing for the night.  I was already pretty frustrated this past week after having River Run come around for the 3rd time and facing those annoying bugs each day of the event. Tomorrow I'll check out River Run in hopes to see some fixes but with the Pond issue and leaderboard issue.... I'm really now debating canceling my membership until all of this is sorted out. I've been paying so I can keep my upgrades for events. Events for quite some time have lost their flair though, given I never see who I'm competing with. It's been close to 4 months and will be... I don't even know how many more until this gets resolved. It seems with each update of VZFit Play, there are always some pretty major bugs. I can't think of a release without them since I started back in February. Typically updates provide fixes and things get better. I understand new bugs get introduced but seeing multiple releases carry the same bugs over.... (These RiverRun bugs I speak of have been there for 3 releases now) It's beginning to seem like fixing one thing is trading off for breaking another, or the issues are simply not even fixed... Or not enough QA is going on...being it's like a console...we're on the same machines so these types of bugs should be few and far between though they often cannot reproduce them which is kind of odd....it must be other apps conflicting or something? Maybe have a Quest and Quest 2 on hand with every single app ever released installed and keep adding them using an external hard drive haha, I don't know.

While it's not 'a lot' of money... it's beginning to feel like most of the effort is still being put into ways of attracting new people and not so much about the ones they do have. Especially with it now being available on the Oculus store. Examples being using any 3rd party sensor, followed by not needing a sensor at all. Those are some pretty significant things that have been 'added' and celebrated by them on the forum which was kind of odd given that doesn't do much for 98% of us here. Technically those things were added for them...to increase sales.

I don't see many people post asking questions before they buy, mostly after. Meanwhile, we're now well into Quest 2  being out which I'm sure they had long before it's release...and still the graphics are no different than the GO release. Textures that look as old as Doom 3. While other small game companies spent the time to upgrade their titles graphics to be ready at launch or shortly after. The ones that don't seem to have plans to is because they are working on new titles entirely and only releasing code fixes which is acceptable, especially since they don't charge each month. Don't get me wrong, I think that its way awesome for them to be growing. I've known someone from the company since they first introduced it at SVVR (Silicon Valley Virtual Reality) YEARS ago..I believe before CV1 was a thing. I just really don't know what I'm actually paying for.

I'm not angry or anything....I really want to keep supporting them but almost feel like the unappreciated half in a toxic relationship where the other half ignores me because they are all giddy about someone new haha (Ok that's quite the exaggeration but the analogy is correct Smile )

Still love y'all and hope there is a rational, reasonable explanation and not really as what it seems to me these past several months.
Hi Loyalty,

We appreciate the feedback, and I'm looking at the Play event leaderboards now. They've gotten terribly slow in game but you can still access quickly at vzfit.com/events. There's also an issue with Lotus Pond I'm fixing now.

The reason Play hasn't been updated much recently is that Explorer has been accepted to the Oculus Quest storefront, and needs a standing mode that's as good as with fitness devices, and a rounded out experience like the tutorials, events, and achievements Play has.

Getting onto the Quest storefront is a really big deal to make VZfit easily discoverable and installable and playable. After that Store launch we'll be able to merge Play games into that build, and hopefully add standing modes for the ones you can imagine.

We're still very excited for our virtual worlds and our ability to steer and go anywhere in them with a variety of gameplay, which sets us apart from Holodia. And we're still improving our games and services monthly based on community feedback and to satisfy the most customers (see virzoom.com/updates). Hopefully with our Quest store launch the team can grow bigger to do more of this faster.
(11-01-2020, 10:52 AM)emalafeew Wrote: We appreciate the feedback, and I'm looking at the Play event leaderboards now.  They've gotten terribly slow in game but you can still access quickly at vzfit.com/events.  There's also an issue with Lotus Pond I'm fixing now.

We've updated the Play build with fixes to those.

Note that by adding standing mode to Explorer and later Play games, we hope to give everyone more ways to exercise. Bike owners can switch up their routines with floor exercises. We'll add support for rowers and steppers and other FTMS devices. For dedicated bikers we've added resistance control via FTMS and are looking into custom resistance controllers. And with more players we'll add more ways to play together online.
(11-01-2020, 04:38 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 10:52 AM)emalafeew Wrote: We appreciate the feedback, and I'm looking at the Play event leaderboards now.  They've gotten terribly slow in game but you can still access quickly at vzfit.com/events.  There's also an issue with Lotus Pond I'm fixing now.

We've updated the Play build with fixes to those.

Note that by adding standing mode to Explorer and later Play games, we hope to give everyone more ways to exercise.  Bike owners can switch up their routines with floor exercises.  We'll add support for rowers and steppers and other FTMS devices.  For dedicated bikers we've added resistance control via FTMS and are looking into custom resistance controllers.  And with more players we'll add more ways to play together online.

New here, for the resistance control via FTMS, is it compatible with the Wahoo Kickr Snap? If not, how about the Kinetic Road Machine | Control Bike Trainer? Thanks!
We've tested the 2019 Kinetic Road Machine but not the Wahoo Kickr. The best way to tell is to signup for a free trial, then download Explorer and try to connect from the Device menu. It now gives detailed feedback about every bluetooth connection step to FTMS resistance devices. If it doesn't work now, you can cancel immediately for no cost, and we could work on it later if you tell us what it says!