Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does VZfit work with power meter pedals?
Hi!
I just bought Quest 2, and Garmin Vector3 to use with Zwift as well. (and a spin bike, cadence sensor, etc. the whole set)
And I am wondering if VZfit is compatible with the power meter pedals.
It says at the start of the app that the garmin vector3 is connected, but i don't know where I see if its working, is it in setting or other menu?
It still takes a few seconds from pedalling to take effect. It's not as low latency like in Zwift.
We support any bluetooth devices that output the Cycling Speed and Cadence, Cycling Power, or FTMS profiles.

To see if it is working, your pedaling should move your avatar while in a game. We don't currently have an indication on the menu screens beyond the "successful connection" message.

Note that VZfit only connects to one of those devices if you have multiple ones, and tells you which in that connection message. You can skip that and choose another if you prefer, they can have different speed behaviors. Your membership is tied to the one you pick however, so your family can use different VZfit accounts with it. So if you already registered with one but want to change it let us know!

If anything is lower latency on Zwift we want to hear about it and fix that! We should be responding as quickly as possible to their messages. I believe Zwift can listen to all your devices so may be hearing one faster than the Vector3 pedals. That's something we plan to add in our upcoming Store release, as well as showing you what kind of bluetooth profile each connected device uses.
(10-21-2020, 02:51 PM)emalafeew Wrote: We support any bluetooth devices that output the Cycling Speed and Cadence, Cycling Power, or FTMS profiles.  

To see if it is working, your pedaling should move your avatar while in a game.  We don't currently have an indication on the menu screens beyond the "successful connection" message.  

Note that VZfit only connects to one of those devices if you have multiple ones, and tells you which in that connection message.  You can skip that and choose another if you prefer, they can have different speed behaviors.  Your membership is tied to the one you pick however, so your family can use different VZfit accounts with it.  So if you already registered with one but want to change it let us know!

If anything is lower latency on Zwift we want to hear about it and fix that!  We should be responding as quickly as possible to their messages.  I believe Zwift can listen to all your devices so may be hearing one faster than the Vector3 pedals.  That's something we plan to add in our upcoming Store release, as well as showing you what kind of bluetooth profile each connected device uses.
Soo... if I want to change my connected sensor device, I need to contact you? Isn't there a way to disconnect the sensor device everytime I use VZEplorer?
I'm a bit confused. Or do you mean there is no disconnection or to remove pairing option in-game?
(10-21-2020, 07:20 PM)HiroLion Wrote: Soo... if I want to change my connected sensor device, I need to contact you? Isn't there a way to disconnect the sensor device everytime I use VZEplorer?
I'm a bit confused. Or do you mean there is no disconnection or to remove pairing option in-game?

Explorer will disconnect from your device when you quit Explorer or turn off your headset. Other apps will be able to connect to it fine then.

But your premium membership is tied to the device you connect to. So if you have multiple sensors that can work with VZfit (for instance your pedal meters and your cadence sensor), and want to switch the one your premium membership is on (which you can see at vzfit.com/account) then you'll need to contact us.

FYI in a month or two we'll be switching our membership to be based on your Oculus ID, so you'll be free to use any sensor anytime with your membership. We need to do that to support standup mode.
(10-21-2020, 07:50 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 07:20 PM)HiroLion Wrote: Soo... if I want to change my connected sensor device, I need to contact you? Isn't there a way to disconnect the sensor device everytime I use VZEplorer?

Explorer will disconnect from your device when you quit Explorer or turn off your headset.  Other apps will be able to connect to it fine then.

But your premium membership is tied to the device you connect to.  So if you have multiple sensors that can work with VZfit (for instance your pedal meters and your cadence sensor), and want to switch the one your premium membership is on (which you can see at vzfit.com/account) then you'll need to contact us.

FYI in a month or two we'll be switching our membership to be based on your Oculus ID, so you'll be free to use any sensor anytime with your membership.  We need to do that to support standup mode.

so in a month or so it will be free to change that anytime you want? cool.
For this time, I will contact you through emails then.