Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Zwift to VZFit
I have been using Zwift on my tablet for awhile with a wahoo trainer and the spin bikes at my gym (both bluetooth+ANT power meters and resistance control). I have Zwift linked to Strava where everything upload 
I've just gotten an Oculus Quest 2 and am very excited about the potential of VZFit to be my new virtual cycling platform. I have a few of the issues I have run into so far and am curious how people have gotten around them.

- Sweat, even riding for 20 minutes I can get quite sweaty and some of the Alpe du Zwift rides I have done required mops to clean up. The Quest doesn't seem quite up to that, is there a special padding or setup that makes it easier to clean for regular riders or breath a bit better?
- Device integration and numbers, speed and 'spins' are nice but having power, cadence, speed and having all of the affected by the current terrain makes it feel more realistic
- Ride stats? It would be nice to see old rides, curves and download .fit or .csv files for each ride
- non-VR users? One of the fantastic things about zwift is there are always thousands of people just riding around so you don't need bots and you always have someone to race against. Until headsets really catch on some integration with normal users would be useful
- Music integration (normally have spotify on my tablet, harder to adjust when wearing googles)
- Autopilot, sometimes I don't feel like body steering (it's difficult to push as hard while steering), but don't necessarily want to lose my place
- For sweat, we recommend a headband and a fan. Oculus also has this facial interface that a few of our riders like for the Quest 2, it seems to be sold out at the moment. https://www.oculus.com/accessories/vr-co...ement-set/
- Our upcoming UI will have Power and Calories showing, and we plan to have more UI options in the future so people can choose what set up best suites them. The rides are affected by terrain already, going up hill requires more spins to cover the same distance etc.
-Ride Stats are something I would love to see us grow, as well as the VZfit page. It is on our list of future enhancements.
- We have a 2D app for android that is available to our subscribers, but our primary focus and mission is to use the power of VR to help motivate fitness. It's unlikely we will prioritize 2D.
-There are music stations on the More menu. Spotify integration is not something the Quest currently supports.
-There is an auto steering in the options under steering. The other options are Lean, and Tilt steering.

Glad your enjoying it and always love the feedback Smile
Thanks for the response!
I had been using mostly the play app since it seemed to offer more interesting riding (riders, mini goals, checkpoints, etc). The explore mode is very cool, particularly doing tdf climbs like Alp d'Huez. It is definitely more interesting to ride the real thing than some purely virtual course.
Extending my wishlist
- It would be nice to have more of the "Play" features in explore like mini-challenges and virtual riders. The trainer does this a bit but I found the play goals quite entertaining.
- It would also be cool to have the virtual competitor where you set a constant speed (or a previous ride) to race against.
- The steepness and elevation doesn't seem to be taken into account at the moment, are we supposed to adjust difficulty ourselves when a road gets steep?
- The ability to ride courses with a speed multiplier (the great ocean road is very pretty, but probably more interesting at 60kmh than 30kmh)
(10-23-2020, 10:15 AM)skicavs Wrote: Thanks for the response!
I had been using mostly the play app since it seemed to offer more interesting riding (riders, mini goals, checkpoints, etc). The explore mode is very cool, particularly doing tdf climbs like Alp d'Huez. It is definitely more interesting to ride the real thing than some purely virtual course.
Extending my wishlist
- It would be nice to have more of the "Play" features in explore like mini-challenges and virtual riders. The trainer does this a bit but I found the play goals quite entertaining.
- It would also be cool to have the virtual competitor where you set a constant speed (or a previous ride) to race against.
- The steepness and elevation doesn't seem to be taken into account at the moment, are we supposed to adjust difficulty ourselves when a road gets steep?
- The ability to ride courses with a speed multiplier (the great ocean road is very pretty, but probably more interesting at 60kmh than 30kmh)

Good ideas.  We definitely want to expand what the trainer and more AI can do to motivate, akin to the Play cycling levels.

We're taking steepness into account now by changing your "virtual gearing" to require more pedaling uphills to maintain speed, and vice-versa downhills.  We translate that virtual gearing into actual resistance on FTMS-enabled trainers.

Our difficulty setting allows you to change your virtual gearing on top of that, but we currently enforce a fixed top speed, to be able to download and process road images every second.  Reaching the end of a ride is also a key achievement so we're only thinking of letting you do it faster or skip ahead if you've done it before.

-Eric