Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
satechi controller not pairing - quest 2
Hi everyone,

I tested this yesterday on a new Quest 2 with both of our generations of buttons, the one listed as Satechi when you see it in the pairing interface and the one listed as VZ Button in the interface.

I tried the Satechi first and had the same problem as the rest of you. From the phone app it showed the "Something is wrong" message, which started happening with an Oculus app update a few months back. On the Quest 1 if you saw that message you could put the headset on and it would ask you to confirm if you wanted to pair the button and then worked fine. On the Quest 2 I didn't see that confirmation message for some reason. So I went straight to the Experimental Features option to pair directly within the headset. This is where I also saw it hang on "Pairing..." after confirming that I wanted to. So I clicked on the device and chose "forget" or the Delete icon, I forget which one, to remove it from the list entirely.

At this point I was certainly upset. So I tried our other button and that one paired just fine on the first attempt. There shouldn't really be anything different about these two buttons, in terms of how they communicate, but they are not from the same manufacturer so there could be a subtle difference. I deleted the newer button from the list to do some more testing.

During this entire testing cycle I was having trouble connecting to a bike sensor. It seemed like our app was connecting to something else, so I took my sensor into the basement of my house to get away from any potential Bluetooth interference and succeeding in connecting to the bike sensor. So on a whim I took the Satechi button controller into the basement as well and for whatever reason I was able to pair and fully connect to it this time from the Experimental Features interface. I can't guarantee that the basement isolation was the solution, but it did work for me.

If other people are willing to try something similar, I'd be very interested to hear the results so that we can isolate the issue. I'm sorry I don't have a more specific solution at this time. Please share here and also email support@virzoom.com if you have any specific questions for me. I don't watch the forums as closely as Eric and Rob do.

Thanks,
Jason

Messages In This Thread
RE: satechi controller not pairing - quest 2 - by jwarburg - 10-18-2020, 03:33 PM