Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unity SDK to UE4
Has anyone been able o take the unity SDK and port it into Unreal Engine 4?

and has anyone tried using it with Rift S

Asking this before I buy
(10-10-2020, 05:12 AM)ItsMeMTB Wrote: Has anyone been able o take the unity SDK and port it into Unreal Engine 4?

and has anyone tried using it with Rift S

Asking this before I buy

We're not aware of anyone who's ported the latest SDK, which supports both the VZ Bike and VZ Sensor Kit, to UE4.  Our earlier SDK for the VZ Bike only had a UE4 Blueprint implementation.  

I could provide a C++ header and Win64 dll for our core plugin for the latest SDK for use with UE4, but you'd have to reimplement what the Unity SDK does in C#, at least the license validation portion.

We haven't tested with the Rift S but should work perfectly as we've had no problem using it with Quests in Link mode.

Note we're not actively extending the SDK because our business has moved away from making our own hardware.  We're focused now on adding support for more 3rd party fitness hardware to our games, and even modes that give you a workout without external hardware.  In the future we'd like to provide ways for users to extend our games that everyone can play more easily, such as by making custom cycling levels in Play, and adding their own points-of-interest to shared rides in Explorer.