Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battery issues
Hi, I'm new to the VZ family and being Techno challenged doesn't help.  I was SUPER excited to receive & start using my VZFit but I keep getting "not able to connect, check battery" type messages for the button and sensor both.  I just realized that the batteries that came with my set are C2016 but the paperwork indicates they should be 2032.  Could that be the cause of my problem?  Or did the battery requirement change but the paperwork didn't get updated?
(04-02-2019, 09:58 PM)MaryMerry Wrote: Hi, I'm new to the VZ family and being Techno challenged doesn't help.  I was SUPER excited to receive & start using my VZFit but I keep getting "not able to connect, check battery" type messages for the button and sensor both.  I just realized that the batteries that came with my set are C2016 but the paperwork indicates they should be 2032.  Could that be the cause of my problem?  Or did the battery requirement change but the paperwork didn't get updated?

Hi Mary,

Yes, I understand it can be confusing with the different button types.  The CR2032 batteries are for the pedal sensor.  The CR2016 batteries are for the button.  Your button would have shipped with a battery pre-installed.  The sensor ships without the battery installed, and comes with printed directions in its box for the correct way to orient the battery when you insert it.  Hopefully this info helps, but if not, please email support@virzoom.com and we'll help you track it down.

Best,
Jason
Thanks Jason.  The button was pre-installed but the only other battery was a single C2016.  I'll go pick up the right one tomorrow.  Can't wait to get back to catching those escaped bank robbers!!!!
(04-02-2019, 10:54 PM)MaryMerry Wrote: Thanks Jason.  The button was pre-installed but the only other battery was a single C2016.  I'll go pick up the right one tomorrow.  Can't wait to get back to catching those escaped bank robbers!!!!

Mary, be sure to check the back of the red cardboard insert that was in the sensor box.  There should have been extra batteries inside small bags and taped inside there.  If not, our sincerest apologies for that.