Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISO tanks to shoot me
Does anyone have some great tips for Thunderbowl? I waste a lot of time spinning in circles looking for tanks trying to shoot me. I have the upgraded robot and sometimes it feels like he walks so sluggishly, I’m pedaling as fast as my stubby legs will allow. Then if the tanks get too close I have to slow down or stop pedaling altogether so I can hurry and shoot. My methods seem flawed, any advice?

By the way, my Oculus Go is exclusively for VZFit, I keep it on my bike while I keep the Quest 1 for other games and experiences. Will I be able to continue to use the Go even though there may not be future updates after this year?
I am not a thunderbowl expert so I will leave that to someone else.

Regarding the Oculus Go Question, as of Decemeber we will no longer be allowed to update the app. We will keep it running for as long as we can, you can read more about it in this blog post. https://www.virzoom.com/2020/07/09/oculu...fit-users/
(10-01-2020, 04:40 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: I am not a thunderbowl expert so I will leave that to someone else.

Regarding the Oculus Go Question, as of Decemeber we will no longer be allowed to update the app. We will keep it running for as long as we can, you can read more about it in this blog post. https://www.virzoom.com/2020/07/09/oculu...fit-users/

Thanks for the link, it answered my question perfectly. Heart
(10-01-2020, 12:56 PM)Islareina Wrote: Does anyone have some great tips for Thunderbowl? I waste a lot of time spinning in circles looking for tanks trying to shoot me. I have the upgraded robot and sometimes it feels like he walks so sluggishly, I’m pedaling as fast as my stubby legs will allow. Then if the tanks get too close I have to slow down or stop pedaling altogether so I can hurry and shoot. My methods seem flawed, any advice?

By the way, my Oculus Go is exclusively for VZFit, I keep it on my bike while I keep the Quest 1 for other games and experiences. Will I be able to continue to use the Go even though there may not be future updates after this year?

New tanks should appear roughly in front of you each wave.  You have to hunt down all of them before the next wave.  Look for the red shafts of light above them to see from a distance or if they're behind something.

The giant mech moves at the same speed as a tank, though you're much higher in the air so it can seem slower.  The mech has more armor than a tank (5 hit points vs 3) and can shoot faster than a tank, but its shots can't go as far, and become less wild the longer you hold down the shoot button before releasing.  You can tell if an enemy tank is too far to shoot because your reticle will stay red rather than green over it.  The wildness of your shot is how wide open the reticle is when you release the button.

AI tanks always shoot at where you've been, so you want to keep moving, and do so in a diagonal or cross ways from them.  They'll never shoot you from behind, so move fast if they do and find somewhere to turn around.  You'll learn with practice to aim and shoot carefully while pedaling.  Always pick up the powerup that AI tanks drop when you kill them, to gain shields or health or aiming speed or moving speed.  

If you get tired of shooting AI tanks alone, try to team up with somebody in a battle!  You can try to shoot each other or team up to shoot AI.  Either way it's a great way to get exercise with some company.