Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any plans for new games in the future? SDK question too!
Hey Everyone! I haven't been on the forums in a long time now. It's now been several months and I've lost 30lbs!!! It all started with Virzoom....once I got addicted to the weekly events, I added in weight lifting too!

Anyhow, I remember there being discussion about new games coming out on a somewhat regular basis though we've only seen the kayak added in many months. I won't lie, it has made it a little easier to put off days due to it not having the same excitement it once had. The weekly events do help though rotating through the same ones week after week can start to feel a little stale. 

I've noticed a couple of updates being installed, though have not really seen anything different so suspect bug fixes mostly? 

Also, there was a discussion about maybe making an SDK tutorial. That would be amazing as I would LOVE to attempt making a game. I've made several small Rift, GearVR and GO apps before so have experience with Unity and Unreal. Has there been any movement on that, and how does one go about getting the SDK? I 'may' be able to figure enough out. What would really make it helpful is having the Bandit game as a template. An endless runner is a perfect use case that has unlimited possibilities. Would be awesome to have VirZoom Community Games. In the same kind of way other games allow community created maps and mods.

Keep up the amazing work!
Hi Loyalty, we've been making improvements and new features every month, check out all our updates at virzoom.com/updates

We haven't added a full new Play game because it would take us 3 months and it's not clear that all of our customers would equally benefit, because they ask for different games or gameplay within Explorer.

We have found much greater bang-for-the-buck adding features to Explorer, and that's also what led us to being accepted on Oculus Store, because Play games couldn't as easily or equally be converted to standup mode.

With a successful Store launch and a bigger team we intend to bring portable Play games into VZfit for Quest, and could once again entertain new types of virtual games, as well as fleshing out the potential that Explorer has.

Regarding the SDK, it's available now on the Unity Store to make games for the VZ Sensor Kit and original VZ bike. Details are at virzoom.com/sdk and I'm happy to answer questions here. Going forward though we're focusing on 3rd party hardware (smart fitness equipment is finally catching up to us) and also just your head and hands. So instead of an SDK we're looking to provide ways for users to extend our games. For Explorer that means more ride creation and sharing tools. For the cycling games in Play, it could mean allowing folks to make and distribute their own virtual levels.