Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should I connect the vive focus bluetooth with vzbutton ?
Sorry, I want to connect the two devices(vive focus and vzbutton) with bluetooth, but I didn't find the any method can do this? There's the way probably do is adb. However, there is no permission to link the root of vive focus. Is there better solution to connect the vive focus and vzbutton with bluetooth??
Hi, we don't currently support the Vive Focus. We do support the Oculus Go & Quest. You can pair the VZ Button to them either through the Oculus phone app's "pair controller" flow, or in headset from Settings->Experimental->Bluetooth.
Thank you for your listening and your answer. We currently get the bluetooth signal from the crank sensor in vive focus device, and even use sensor to move the bike in the game. Could you tell me what error will be found when We use the vzfit sensor in vive focus. Because we had some problems in the game about "java.lang.NullPointerException" in "com.virzoom.pluginapp.MainActivity.mediaNext". I'm not sure whether it is the problem that vzfit unsupports?
Are you using the Unity VZfit SDK as opposed to our games?

The SDK should work with any Android 7+ device as far as reading the VZ Sensor Kit. Just the VZPlayer/VZController level would not work out of the box with the Vive Focus.

'mediaNext' is a property on our MainActivity.jar for accessing the VZ Button. If you are getting an error it could be because you need to specify our MainActivity over Unity's default activity in your AndroidManifest.xml, like

<activity android:name="com.virzom.pluginapp.MainActivity">

That should be specified in the AndroidManifest.xml that in the Assets/Plugins/Android directory of our SDK.
Yes, We are using the VZFit SDK to develop the Unity game which can run in vive focus. Thank you for your providing. Throuth your tips, we begin to adjust the AndroidManifest.xml.

However, we found the other AndroidManifest in Wave VR SDK. We try to merge two scripts, but the two main activities will conflict with each other.

Our game can not be successfully launched when setting "com.virzom.pluginapp.MainActivity" as main activity.

On the other hand, if we set "com.htc.vr.unity.WVRUnityVRActivity" as main activity, "mediaNext" property will not work.

Is there any better way to have two main activities?

This is our AndroidManifest.xml after merging: https://imgur.com/3NlzJ1o
(10-03-2020, 04:15 PM)wmlabsteam Wrote: Yes, We are using the VZFit SDK to develop the Unity game which can run in vive focus. Thank you for your providing. Throuth your tips, we  begin to adjust the AndroidManifest.xml.

However, we found the other AndroidManifest in Wave VR SDK. We try to merge two scripts, but the two main activities will conflict with each other.

Our game can not be successfully launched when setting "com.virzom.pluginapp.MainActivity" as main activity.

On the other hand, if we set "com.htc.vr.unity.WVRUnityVRActivity" as main activity, "mediaNext" property will not work.

Is there any better way to have two main activities?

This is our AndroidManifest.xml after merging: https://imgur.com/3NlzJ1o

Ah, that is an interesting problem.

You will need a different way to access the VZ Button than our SDK's MainActivity.

The VZ Button presents as a standard bluetooth keyboard to Android, but you can't just read it with Unity's Input Manager because it emits special media keycodes.  The up button emits "media previous" while the down button emits "media next".  Our MainActivity has code that can receive those events, and present them through VZPlugin.ButtonUp() and VZPlugin.ButtonDown() in our SDK.  

If you need to use HTC's main activity, you could try to subclass that into your own main activity in Java, and add the same kind of event handling we did.  Then you could modify ButtonUp() and ButtonDown() to call on your activity instead of calling on ours.

I've attached the Java code for our simplified MainActivity and the necessary companion MyReceiver for you to try that.  If you're lucky you can just extend HTC's main activity class instead of UnityPlayerActivity.

Attached Files
.zip   pluginapp.zip (Size: 1.69 KB / Downloads: 2)