Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest 2
Looks like the new Quest (2) will be out in the near future.  Will VZPlay and Explorer work on this new version?  Specs say that all games that work on the Quest will work on the Quest 2.
(09-15-2020, 06:42 PM)spyder17 Wrote: Looks like the new Quest (2) will be out in the near future.  Will VZPlay and Explorer work on this new version?  Specs say that all games that work on the Quest will work on the Quest 2.

I've read elsewhere from Robert that the specs aren't fully released yet, so no specific plans.

One exciting development is that since the GO will no longer allow for updates after December, VZFIT and Play can start to scale up to take full advantage of the specs from the First Generation Quest.
(09-15-2020, 09:57 PM)Shon_T Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 06:42 PM)spyder17 Wrote: Looks like the new Quest (2) will be out in the near future.  Will VZPlay and Explorer work on this new version?  Specs say that all games that work on the Quest will work on the Quest 2.

I've read elsewhere from Robert that the specs aren't fully released yet, so no specific plans.

One exciting development is that since the GO will no longer allow for updates after December, VZFIT and Play can start to scale up to take full advantage of the specs from the First Generation Quest.

The Quest 2 is actually available for Pre-order now.  Has a much faster processor and about 50% higher resolution. About 2k per lens.

Nearly 4K’ 90Hz LCD, XR2 Chip, 256GB Option, 3-Step IPD
(09-16-2020, 07:22 PM)spyder17 Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 09:57 PM)Shon_T Wrote:

The Quest 2 is actually available for Pre-order now.  Has a much faster processor and about 50% higher resolution. About 2k per lens.

Nearly 4K’ 90Hz LCD, XR2 Chip, 256GB Option, 3-Step IPD

We're pretty excited about it.  It will also support 90 hz for even smoother movement.
Will we need to do anything special to get your games on the Quest 2. They will still be in my library so I am hoping that all we will need to do is install them on the Q2.
Your entitlements to our apps should transfer the same to a new Quest 2 as a new Quest. They should appear in the Uninstalled section of library and be installed when you click on them. We'll confirm when we get our Quest 2 dev units!
Can't wait for this new Quest! Internally its tech specs are what I was expecting maybe another 18 months time from now, they have overdelivered beyond what I even hoped.
I just bought an RTX 3080 for my PC and signed up for a PS5 preorder... please support the original Quest until I recover from this financial crisis... lol