Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event System possibilities
Something we may be able to do on the web, before the game, is to recreate leaderboards linked to everyone's vzfit.com/stats page.

For instance, a player's Total Spins would become a link that would take you to a leaderboard page ranking everyone's total spins, with your ranking highlighted. Total spins correlated to the virtual kilometers leaderboard we used to have.

Likewise we'd make links of each of the Game Stars for each time period, that would take you to a leaderboard page of the highest individual scores in that Game for that time period. It could also remind you of the score threshold you need to get each star.

We could keep all-time and every week leaderboards this way, and on each of these pages you could click a person's name to get back into their stats.
Sounds like a solid plan, to me. Smile The account page is easy enough to access from even a phone, so anyone feeling competitive could just peek in and see if there's a new high score they need to beat.
Good to see all three of you: digitaljackson, spyder17, CrasgFu. This is us arches77. It’s been great pleasure to compete with you on old Virzoom platform!
I go by new name (superlith) on this new VZfit platform
I just did not want to lose my old Virzoom profile if I transition. And that would be a question to Virzoom if I can keep my old Virzoom profile and continue using old bike and transition also to VZfit with same name.
Thank you for supporting me on this leaderboard issue. I strongly believe it needs to be restored the way it was done previouslyon old Virzoom.
I think somehow roughly kilometers should be calculated
The number of Spins is just not what we used to. We need something more substantial to feel good about our work when we see how many kilometers we peddled.
Yes, you can play with arches77 on the new VZfit platforms with both your Sensor Kit and VZ Bike. You needed a unique account for each VZ hardware license, but you can login to VZfit Play with any account by clicking the "person" icon on its main menu. We've added that ability to VZfit Explorer in the next update.

Regarding Spins vs kilometers, we wrote about it publically on our blog here.

It was not an easy decision, and there was strong internal debate. The fact that kilometers are more physically meaningful was an important factor for them. But ultimately we felt virtual kilometers were misleading because a) Sensor Kit has no information about your bike's resistance like VZ Bike, which factored into virtual kilometers on old VirZOOM Arcade platform, b) they could be confusing since your virtual speed in every game is different, and c) literally everyone wants the option to report miles rather than kilometers, which further complicate their use for leaderboards and our stats HUD.

We're excited to bring back leaderboards with our next sprint, and hope that matters most to satisfy everyone's craving for competition.
Besides online leaderboards, Jason had a new idea to try with Events, which is a head-to-head tournament over a short period of time where a bunch of people come to play.

For instance, some Thursday evening for a couple hours we could have a head-to-head Gate Race event, in which everyone has to play "VS" mode and is ranked by their number of wins over those couple hours. This should be a lot easier and fun for everyone than a bracket-style tournament, and we could have them weekly or even nightly for different games.
Yeah, I'd like to try this at least once soon and see if we can get a lot of people involved. Would certainly help with pairing people up and keeping the action going. Anyone interested in that?
Scheduled Vs events do sound like a good way to get people online at the same time. I'd be interested to see how some of the VS modes go with the maximum number of supported players!

Perhaps you should use some kind of polling system to see when the most people say they're able / prefer to play? Preferably, a poll you can keep open, so that as more people join (especially after May 21 when Quest launches) the new users can continue adding to those statistics?
That's a great idea to poll for when people would be most available. We could also look at telemetry to see when people are playing most now.