Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook concerns
(09-19-2020, 06:49 PM)Yakinabe Wrote: While current Quest users have till 2023 to switch to Facebook accounts, it appears the newly released Quest-2 headset requires Facebook accounts for all users upon release.

I sincerely hope you will find another platform to support soon. Otherwise you will be missing out on a whole section of the population who avoid Facebook due to various concerns (privacy concerns, spreading and profiting from hate speech and misinformation, etc).

absolutely agree with Yakinabe.  While I have a facebook account and use it on a limited basis for certain business interactions, I intensely dislike the targeting and assinine messaging that takes place there.  As a developer, please push back against any required facebook alignment for VZ. Thanks
(09-23-2020, 08:37 AM)BakerBiker Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 06:49 PM)Yakinabe Wrote: While current Quest users have till 2023 to switch to Facebook accounts, it appears the newly released Quest-2 headset requires Facebook accounts for all users upon release.

I sincerely hope you will find another platform to support soon. Otherwise you will be missing out on a whole section of the population who avoid Facebook due to various concerns (privacy concerns, spreading and profiting from hate speech and misinformation, etc).

absolutely agree with Yakinabe.  While I have a facebook account and use it on a limited basis for certain business interactions, I intensely dislike the targeting and assinine messaging that takes place there.  As a developer, please push back against any required facebook alignment for VZ. Thanks

We're definitely not being pushed by Facebook/Oculus to implement any objectionable features.  They're very happy with VZfit and excited to list and promote it on the store with the new standup mode and UX and feature improvements we have planned.

We're a small company and are focusing on the Quest because it is simply the best headset you can buy with the greatest growth in market share.  But we have no exclusivity requirements with Oculus, and if anything comes out that is remotely competitive we'll look at it.  The other all-in-one headsets (HTC Focus and Pico Neo) are now for business only and cost 2-3 times more with less capability.