Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Stats
Quick update. VZFit, Fitbit and Strava seem to be talking to one another. But fitbit seems to record my mileage as about half of what it really was. Strava - and my mapped ride indicate a ride of 17.3 miles. FitBit says 8.2 miles.

Not a big deal.

j
Hi John,

That's because the virtual mileage we send to Fitbit is estimated from your cadence to best represent your workout, whereas the virtual mileage to Strava is needs match the actual map ground you've covered, which can be influenced by your difficulty setting, virtual hills, and speed limits that can make it less representative of your workout.

The precise measure we send to Fitbit is 4.31 meters per spin, which is the distance you'd travel with 2:1 bicycle gearing that represents an average touring speed on flat ground. Your virtual mileage in Explorer starts with a 3:1 gearing but hits an earlier speed limit, and can be affected from 50-200% by your choice of difficulty, and 50-150% by hills.

But it's looking more like we should send the same numbers to Fitbit, and rely more on the calories we send to Fitbit to represent your workout, considering that VZfit can now be played with devices that can measure speed and power in addition or instead of cadence.
OK. Do I gather that you still only send the first ride of any day to Fitbit ? Today I started a ride but quickly overshot a vantage point I wanted to stop at. Rather than exit auto mode and turn around, I simply left and then restarted the ride. Subsequently went onward for about 2100 spins, or about 5.7 miles using your generic conversion. But Fitbit is only seeing 0.12 miles. Strava shows the full 11.7 or so miles.

Thanks again.

And, you guys should be demanding a cut of the action on the Quest2 headsets from Facebook. Your riders seem to be jumping on the bandwagon - including me. But, good luck with getting anything from them !
Sorry we're still working on that Fitbit bug. It's less severe than only one ride per day, but since we can send multiple updates in a session (like, when you lift off the headset for a drink) it can miss subsequent updates that come less than 30 minutes apart.

We actually just announced that VZfit will be on the Quest Store in early 2021. So it'll be much easier to find and install on original and Quest 2, and also have new features for them.
Thanks for this Eric, I've taken some time off Explorer, today is going to be my first cycle since completng the challenge and nice to see I've jumped by about 8500 spins during my hiatus!