Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best experience with VirZOOM Sensor & Button?
I understand that it's possible to use 3rd party cadence/speed sensors, but they have more latency. Is the experience better with VirZOOM Sensor & Button? Is the difference noticeable?

I want to get my parents set up and I want them to have the best possible experience to maximize the chance they will stick with it.

Thanks.
The VZ sensor reports pedal speed changes every 1/4 second. Third party cadence sensors sample once per second, and don’t directly report speed but full rotations, so you need to wait for two to determine speed. So their latency depends on how fast you are pedaling, we start moving as soon as we see any rotation but can take 2-3 seconds to and from standstill.

The VZ button was designed for VZfit too, some media buttons fall asleep too early or don’t send press message when they wake up.

The downside is you won’t be able to use Vz sensor with other cadence applications, and it cost us a bit more to make and sell than third party sensors.

Third party is generally fine for the cycling games but some of the Play games benefit from better speed control.