Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VZfit Explorer Feedback
(07-08-2020, 12:45 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Ok all’s good then, except for the dots stopping. If you can say what ride that was, we can try to reproduce and fix from your last percent complete.  We have an intern now to help fix them faster.

The positon was in Aniane, Occitanie, France. on the D32
Map ref: 43,69218 - 3,58229
However it will eventually get fixed by Google anyway. I looked into the problem, and Google maps is ahead of Google Street View. When Google send their car around the area again it will be sorted. A new road has been built which is shown on Google Maps, but does not exist yet in Street View.
good grief, it seems to be me again ;-)
Hi guys
I have entered a ride in Spain from 'Parador de Cuenca' to 'Albarracin'
I got as far as point 40.08319 - 2.09397 and ran out of dots.
I then tried to reverse the ride, and at the Albarracin end it is very messy. Dots all over the place and I can't seem to start the ride.

Is it possible to view the rides on a computer/tablet/phone and not the headset? That is the rides proposed by others. Just the titles and distances. It would be nice to casually got through them off line so to speak. Also it would be good to transfer those rides you are interested in to a 'My Folder' for easier access.
Thanks r
Hi Ron,

Funny you should mention it! We're working this sprint on a "ride management page" for vzfit.com where you can select favorite rides you want to see in-game, give rides you've tried a rating, and share your own rides with others or delete them. It will also have a Google map to help search and see ride starting points and hopefully whole path.

We'll also try to repro your hangup. It should skip ahead if there are no dots due to no path, and if there's path you should get dots without internet connection trouble.
(09-16-2020, 03:57 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Hi Ron,

Funny you should mention it!  We're working this sprint on a "ride management page" for vzfit.com where you can select favorite rides you want to see in-game, give rides you've tried a rating, and share your own rides with others or delete them.  It will also have a Google map to help search and see ride starting points and hopefully whole path.

We'll also try to repro your hangup.  It should skip ahead if there are no dots due to no path, and if there's path you should get dots without internet connection trouble.

Thanks r
and it's me yet again!
The other day I tried as an experiment on behalf of an ex business partner of mine to get the system to work as a rowing machine. Could be fairly simple I thought ... ;-)
Set the steering to auto so you can travel with your back to the direction of travel. Reverse the direction of travel, and away you go. You guys are well ahead of me here and will have seen the flaw in this already ... the quality of video refresh when facing in the opposite direction to travel is not as high as when facing forward, and I do understand the reasoning for this. VzFit have any plans to create a rowing option? I did use the Colorado river as my test area .... not the calmest place to row ... ;-)
And while on the subject of the Auto steering option, which I have not used previously, I just did a cycle ride that involved negotiating a roundabout. With auto steer on I arrived at the roundabout just went around and around. I had to return to Tilt mode in order to steer select the road off. Looking at the enlarged map I see that the route did loop around the roundabout, why when I wanted the first exit I dont know.
Keep up the great work, best, Ron
Thanks for the great feedback as always!

As you noticed we save some bandwidth in Country mode by loading lower res images behind you. But they are equal res in all directions with City mode, which might work just as well or better for the Colorado river ride because it doesn't contain much depth data.

Could you let us know the exact ride and location with that roundabout? Auto-steering along a path should always be looking ahead and have exited you when the route exited that roundabout, so want to figure out why it didn't. Note if you were free riding without a path, auto-steering just minimizes turning at intersections so would do what you described.
'Could you let us know the exact ride and location with that roundabout? "
I’ve uploaded the ride, it is called WritersRide 4 and the roundabout is at: 54.266984, -2.976172

There is a WritersRide 1 and 2, also there is a #3 that I keep adjusting. I ride and re-ride them until I’m happy with the route. They are called WritersRide because they feature an area of the UK that inspired the prose and poetry of writers like Samuel Taylor Coleridge, John Cunliffe, Thomas De Quincey, Beatrix Potter, Arthur Ransome, John Ruskin, and William Wordsworth.

I'll look at the rowing option later, I'm away for a few days. Cheers! r
Hi Guys,
I have a ride, WritersRide_1 where I have an interesting jump between points:
-3.36147; 54,60023
-3.36143; 54,58852
there should be no jump. There is a direct road that has been ‘StreetViewed’ between points:
-3.36147; 54,60023
-3.35097; 54,58373
the latter point is where you should be.
Actually you can ride this route, if you force Explorer to allow you to ‘free ride’ you can take the road that gets jumped (do use your off road bike as the going is a bit rough).

Unlike WritersRide_3 you still get stars after the jump.

My understanding is that you get double the stars when you complete a new ride, is that correct? May I propose you also give double points if you ride the same ride in the opposite direction. It is actually a quite different ride giving another view and often picking up things you missed or would not have been able to see.

WritersRide_1 is so called as it joins the birth place of William Wordsworth b 1770, with the home of Thomas De Quincey b 1785 d 1859. The route travels via Lake Buttermere where Octavia Hill began her environmental interest (1883) in stopping the damaging effect of the spread of the railways.
Thanks Ron, I'll dig into why. Sounds like a terrific ride hope to try it soon.

Interesting thought to award reverse ride bonus. We absolutely want to encourage that, and would just need to convey that clearly.
Me again!!
I have recently switched the steering to auto, Tihs because I am now doing upper body exercises as I pedal. I have noticed that the steering follows a 'racing' line through corners. This is OK when they are nice sweeps but if they are tight, as in hairpin bends (I have recently compleated the Mount Fjui ride), or in small villages, or old towns and cities. In those cases I find myself riding in the bushes, or in the case of urban areas, traveling through walls. Maybe it would be possible that the tighter the corner the closer the ride sticks to the dot path and the more open corner the racing line takes over. Its very disconcerting to end my ride covered in virtual leaves, scratches and broken limbs.
Also, as an aside, I'm now proud to be one of your investors. Which shows my faith and support of your (our) product.

Edit: I have noticed on a couple of my rides, ones I have designed, there has been a big jump for one reason or another. It seems that if there is a jump, that is a jump over a long distance that the software no longer counts up the 'coins', actually it no longer presents coins on the screen to be counted.