Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic VirZoom Bike, Broken Left Trigger [renamed thread]
Bug 
Can't Make the Helicopter Take Off -   No matter how fast I pedal or what buttons I press, I'm grounded!  Although sometimes when firing a missile I'll get a very small, brief lift.. but then it's right back down.  I tried restarting, exiting to the menu and then launching River Run again,  no luck.
I just tried and worked on my bike, so let's figure it out!

That could happen if your left trigger was held down, is there any chance it's stuck or broken on your bike?

The Go can't detect forward leaning to dive like the PC/Quest does, so we made B button on Sensor (left trigger on bike) dive.
Oh no, you're right! I ran the 'biketest' app on my computer to check all the inputs, and the left trigger IS stuck "down" (despite the physical trigger being kinda loose).

What are my options if I can't find some way to fix it? Currently it doesn't seem like any other games in VZ Fit play use that input for anything, right?
Right, all other games stick to using A/right trigger.

I'll talk to our hardware engineer about a possible way to disable your left trigger. If that doesn't work in a future build I can add some code that ignores the left trigger in that game until it's been "up" at some point
Thanks, Eric!  In the meantime, I'll see if I can pop open that handlebar without damaging something else.  Maybe a look at the insides will show me exactly what's wrong, physically..

I mean, I'm pretty sure I can guess HOW it happened.  (must have knocked the bike over at some point while it was in folded position, and the left handlebar impacted something)  but maybe the damage itself will be an easy fix, or I can at least take it out of the "down" position.

Update:   Huh, looks like there's a single simple microchip attached to the trigger that is separate from the upper sections of the handlebar controls. There's a small piece on the bottom of the microchip  (between it and the outer trigger)  that seems to be damaged.    I could just unplug the entire trigger microchip section to disable that trigger.  That should do the trick, for now!

Update 2: Unplugged the microchip and set it aside, successfully disabling the trigger input. River Run is now playable, sans my inability to dive. Tongue

I don't suppose you guys still have access to individual replacement parts for these things, do you?  If I could get a replacement of that one tiny part, I think I could fully fix the trigger myself. I'd pay for the part + shipping, of course!  :-D

Functionally speaking, making one of the left handlebar's face buttons an alternate "B" input would be an easier solution to the problem, but I'd get some personal satisfaction out of fixing the trigger, y'know?

We have a bunch, just followup with us at support@virzoom.com
Just a quick update: the replacement part arrived on Thursday and I was able to install it without any problems. Enjoyed myself a quick session of River Run this morning, in fact. Thanks again, guys!
(04-06-2019, 03:44 AM)CrashFu Wrote: Just a quick update:  the replacement part arrived on Thursday and I was able to install it without any problems.  Enjoyed myself a quick session of River Run this morning, in fact.   Thanks again, guys!

Our pleasure.  Nice job fixing!