Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our next update
The yellow options circle should bring up the pause menu, from which you can continue or exit., but when I click continue, it goes back to the starting point and starts counting Time from the originally set minutes. Cancels all the progress you’ve made.
This yesterday happened again on gate race

I did one hour of exercise yesterday with Gate race event and head to head winterstan game.
Fitbit recorded only 0.3 miles

Thank you for responding to our issues so quickly. I’m sure you have full hands with so many players now and all different requests. We appreciate you
(07-24-2020, 01:42 AM)emalafeew Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 01:29 AM)spyder17 Wrote: Rode today but no blob.  I could see the HUD through it and it went away in City mode, but returned in comfort and country mode.

Thanks for the details!

Ok, happened again today.  Took a video so you can see.  Also tried exiting Explorer and re-entered and it was still there.  Also, exited Explorer and entered Play and guess what, still there.  Captured a video of it also.  Both can be see at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zemy3klonlrq8...BsP1a?dl=0.. Hope this helps some. Seems to happen most (not always) on my long ride across the country. Don't remember if it has happened on other rides.
I was doing gate race event today. After about 20 minutes again I accidentally hit the yellow option circle. Indeed there is no “Resume” Option, just “Restart” and “Quit”.
When you click “Restart” your score is deleted and you have to start from zero time again.
(07-24-2020, 08:44 PM)Superlith Wrote: I was doing gate race event today. After about 20 minutes again I accidentally hit the yellow option circle. Indeed there is no “Resume” Option, just “Restart” and “Quit”.
When you click “Restart” your score is deleted and you have to start from zero time again.

To resume you need to hit the "up" button just to the left of the menu title.  That button always takes you back to the previous menu, or no menu in this case.

The restart behavior you describe is intentional... it's for people trying to maximize their scores and feeling the need to restart the game from scratch. You do not lose accumulated spins or coin totals in doing so, it only resets your score and time for playing that level again.
(07-24-2020, 08:27 PM)spyder17 Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 01:29 AM)spyder17 Wrote: Rode today but no blob.  I could see the HUD through it and it went away in City mode, but returned in comfort and country mode.

Thanks for the details!

Ok, happened again today.  Took a video so you can see.  Also tried exiting Explorer and re-entered and it was still there.  Also, exited Explorer and entered Play and guess what, still there.  Captured a video of it also.  Both can be see at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zemy3klonlrq8...BsP1a?dl=0.. Hope this helps some.  Seems to happen most (not always) on my long ride across the country.  Don't remember if it has happened on other rides.

Thank you again for that detailed capture!
Eric, thank you for explanations, will try today to hit that arrow button to return to the game.
(07-27-2020, 03:30 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:27 PM)spyder17 Wrote:

Thanks for the details!

Ok, happened again today.  Took a video so you can see.  Also tried exiting Explorer and re-entered and it was still there.  Also, exited Explorer and entered Play and guess what, still there.  Captured a video of it also.  Both can be see at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zemy3klonlrq8...BsP1a?dl=0.. Hope this helps some.  Seems to happen most (not always) on my long ride across the country.  Don't remember if it has happened on other rides.

Thank you again for that detailed capture!

Got the blob twice today.  Both times were on my long ride across the country..  Finished another suggested ride and had no issues.  Almost seems like a data issue with the long ride.
Twice again today. Once on my long ride, but b4 that got it on one of the suggested rides.
Spyder we'd like to make a special build for you to try, that disables multithreaded rendering which will impact framerate, but could help us understand the cause of this. We haven't heard other reports of it in Explorer since changing the way we clear z-buffer a few weeks ago.

It's likely this is a device or usage-specific problem as there's nothing in our app that should be able to cause that. Do you play many other games on the Quest for as long to know if it could be happening with them too? The only thing we haven't tried yet is moving to Unity's latest rendering pipeline, which in our roadmap but not immediately.
(08-07-2020, 07:30 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Spyder we'd like to make a special build for you to try, that disables multithreaded rendering which will impact framerate, but could help us understand the cause of this.  We haven't heard other reports of it in Explorer since changing the way we clear z-buffer a few weeks ago.  

It's likely this is a device or usage-specific problem as there's nothing in our app that should be able to cause that.  Do you play many other games on the Quest for as long to know if it could be happening with them too?  The only thing we haven't tried yet is moving to Unity's latest rendering pipeline, which in our roadmap but not immediately.

will help in any way possible.  I haven't had any issues in any other games.  Last blob occurrence showed up after only a couple minutes and it was on a suggested ride.