Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our next update
(04-06-2020, 11:52 PM)GoMyFly247 Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 12:09 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 02:17 AM)GoMyFly247 Wrote: Do we have to re-install the app in order to get the update, or will it detect that there's a new build and ask us to update?  I found that the app is working better on my Oculus Quest so far vs. the Oculus Go for the turns, but I just appreciate your team has designed something that makes stationary cycling fun again.
I was also wondering if there were any plans to integrate heart rate sensor compatibility with your app.   I'm using a Keiser stationary bike that has a bluetooth display and it works with my existing heart rate monitor and though that would be cool to integrate that into your VZFit app.

Also, although I also have a Fitbit, I prefer using my Apple watch to track my activity so I wonder if there's any plans for Apple Watch compatibility in the future so that it ties into the Apple Health app.  I realize these are wish list items that take a while to develop and test, but just thought I'd put it out there if there's a way to poll the data from the Apple watch (heart rate info) back into a VzFit app to gather the data if you allow permissions that way.

The update will be automatic like other Oculus apps.  If you leave your Oculus headset in standby while charging and not completely off.  If an update is released when the headset is on, you will see it in the Updates section of your Library to install manually, and if you run the game the headset will ask if you want to update it first.   Let us know if you have any trouble!

One of your sensors (the cadence or the speed) is registered with VZfit.  If you find you want the other one, because they have somewhat different behaviors, email support@virzoom.com and we'll be happy to reset it.

It's in our backlog to show bluetooth heartrate.  We already do so in our HUD for the VZ Bike, where heartrate is part of the same bluetooth connection, but we don't yet support multiple device connections.

Fitbit and iWatch don't broadcast heartrate, and we can't add workouts to Apple Health directly like with Fitbit.  It may be possible to write an iWatch app that reads your heartrate, and could send it to our game display, and also read back from our game to update Apple Health.  A little research shows this is how Zwift Companion app does it.  A real companion app is on our list and may be worth it, but for now "vzfit.com" is our companion app that works on all devices, that just can't access device-specific behaviors

======================================================

Hi there,

As feedback, I tried out the updated app and indeed, it works much better now.  Thank you for updating the app.  I was able to link my Wahoo cadence sensor and decided to temporarily disconnect my Wahoo speed sensor so that there wouldn't be a conflict between having two sensors linked at the same time.   The good news is that now when I start up the app on my Oculus Quest, it detects the cadence sensor without me having to always re-register the bike.  After reading your previous replies, now what I am doing is setting a start location and leaving an open ended destination instead and having the reverse direction option is much better.  

Another thing I wish was available would be a mini-map so I could tell where I am while on an open ride, with a pop up window (similar to what they have in the Wander app), and perhaps the ability to have a quick graphical map summary at the end of my ride of so I can see where I've been.

I was also discussing the VZfit app with my other friends with Oculus headsets and they wondered if you would ever make a variant of your app for treadmills.  The idea would be that you could link a pedometer sensor to your app so that so that people could virtually walk around their neighbourhood without having to leave home (which might be perfect during the COVID times).  For safety purposes on the treadmill, you might need to have an auto direction/steer option so that people don't fall off their treadmills if they try to lean to turn however.   Anyhow, I think there may be a new for you there for the treadmill enthusiasts.

Another friend wanted to try using a recumbent bike with the Vzfit app, and I think it should work ok, because you would still just attach a cadence or speed sensor to the pedal, and if you lean or tilt your head to steer, it would still give you similar results versus a regular stationary bike.

The latest updates you've provided really improved the user experience for the Explorer rides, and I'm looking forward to the future updates that will have the integrated music panel and radio stations as well.   Keep up the great work, and thanks for letting us use our own 3rd party sensors, that's awesome Smile
Recumbant bikes work just fine. According to our super formal ongoing facebook survey almost 33% of our users are on recumbant bikes.  We have tested treadmill usage and have not found anyway to not make it at all safe.  Even with auto steering and such you tend to move your head... then move your feet.. then not be on the treadmill anymore. I still want to try it on my gyms assault runner, when I can get back in the gym, since they do not have a self moving belt.
ever thought of adding weather conditions to these rides?
(04-14-2020, 02:49 PM)Nemo4sale Wrote: ever thought of adding weather conditions to these rides?

Yes!  It would work best with Le Tour and Cali Rally, in VZfit Play, where we have full control over lighting and the sky and ground cover.  We were also thinking of adding a time-of-day option for variety.
Suggestion: Could you make a tab for famous rides or races? This could include (once bike racing resumes) races for the current year (e.g., the Grand Tours) as well as the monuments and some other races (e.g., Tour of California, Tour Down Under). I would love to have those kinds of rides sorted under one tab.
(04-23-2020, 09:48 PM)kemscm Wrote: Suggestion: Could you make a tab for famous rides or races? This could include (once bike racing resumes) races for the current year (e.g., the Grand Tours) as well as the monuments and some other races (e.g., Tour of California, Tour Down Under). I would love to have those kinds of rides sorted under one tab.

We made a few legs of the last Tour de France, but could definitely go further!  We've also planned rides with popular destinations, but many of those enter cities so we want to release them with a notification that suggests you switch to City Mode for them.  That's a feature planned in the current release so shouldn't be long.
Any possibility of city mode painting the cartoon road all the way across? The most distracting thing for me is going down a wide road and only half of it is "paved"
I just started VZFit yesterday!  Having a blast trying everything!  I have been using VR for a couple of years now for fitness and fun, but this has kicked it up a big notch!  I would love to see a zombie game!   Thanks!   Big Grin
Wink 
Hi,
VZFIT exploer is great app and I love it! I have used for 3 weeks and there is some of my tips for adding new features.
Adding feature to have option use Youtube or video player in Exploer. Users can enjoy youtube videos or movies in during cycling. Make two fine things in one moment (Fun and sport aktivity). This solution is available and works great in Real VR Fishing app in Oculus Quest
Adding feature to make full 360deg. google street viewpoint without 3D distortion flatten problems. For example – User is riding along some beautiful place like mountain lake, but it is impossible to view it in natural way (especially when there is some trees or other obstacle in close distance to bike road). This feature works great in Wonder app in Oculus Quest. It would be great to add this option to VZ Fit Exploer.
Add option to select manually of time of period of taking google street photos. In some location is ride suddenly taken to some ugle old google street version for very long time, so user must end this ride. This option is also available in Wonder app in Oculus Quest.
Add option to support continue riding after the main ride is finish. There could be additional counting of cycled kilometers (at now there is zero kilometers, in some cases is also no option to continue in bike journey)
Add option to show burned calories and speed of rideing
Add option to use GPS google data to analyse terrain height cant and make suggestion to user to increase resistant on stacionary bike machine (this could works with analyses of average cycling speed of cyclist in the climbing to uphill. Suggestion information will be colored to red until the user decrease his own speed to speed, which is common in ride to uphill. After made correction (decreased speed after increase resistant in stationary bike) this information will be colored in green color.
Thank you in advance
Best Regard
Daniel Polacek
(04-25-2020, 01:33 AM)Stain2319 Wrote: Any possibility of city mode painting the cartoon road all the way across?  The most distracting thing for me is going down a wide road and only half of it is "paved"

We use "mapbox" to supply information about roads to draw them.  It tells us the lat/lon path as well as width of each road by category (highway, city road, neighborhood etc).  There are definitely places where they don't both match the reported lat/lon and visual road width of each Streetview image.  We can try a couple of other information sources with our rendering system, so if there are particularly egregious mismatches maybe list a few here that I can compare.
(04-26-2020, 07:26 PM)raeven63 Wrote: I just started VZFit yesterday!  Having a blast trying everything!  I have been using VR for a couple of years now for fitness and fun, but this has kicked it up a big notch!  I would love to see a zombie game!   Thanks!   Big Grin

Welcome, ask us anything!  

Becker College made a zombie game for the original VirZOOM bike they are updating for VZfit, will post if they decide to release.  We've also been thinking about a zombie mode for Explorer similar to Temple Run!