Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug report- Explore
So...today, I was ridding and experienced a bug I was able to replicate x 2.

Settings: I am using the Go and was listening to music via FM radio. I am on auto steering and path is "hidden".

Bug: Both times the bug occurred, I had just taking a "snapshot" I then laid the headset down on my seat. After coming back (In less than 2 minutes) the headset was off...when I turned it back on I was "nose" deep in the road...almost as if I was stuck in quicksand. I could see "blue" below, but the regular map, the street was showing at nose level. I was "stuck" in place and not able to move either forward or backward.

Attempts to resolve: I tried moving, I tried reentering the view both with my controller, and within the app. I tried changing from "country mode" to "comfort mode" but was still stuck. I also tried switching to a different ride, but was stuck in the same situation on the new map. I switched back to my normal map and was still stuck in the same situation. The app allowed me to quit normally, and when I restarted the app things were back to normal. 

Another bug:
Same situation, Set the headset down on my seat, came back a couple of minutes later... (music was off,  but all other settings were the same) App crashed. It gave me the option to go to restart. I restarted the app and picked up where I left off. No loss of progress as I have experienced elsewhere.
Thanks we’ll try to repro. There was code added recently that tries to ensure you stay above the road, not the opposite!
We can reproduce it and will fix for next build. As a workaround, hitting B/Y to get high-res view and then letting go resolves the problem for us. Also it seems specific to autosteering.
(07-02-2020, 01:40 PM)emalafeew Wrote: We can reproduce it and will fix for next build.  As a workaround, hitting B/Y to get high-res view and then letting go resolves the problem for us.  Also it seems specific to autosteering.

Forgot to mention...that didn't seem to work for me...but I will try it if it happens again. 

I don't know if it is something with the Go controller(it is probably something I'm doing wrong), but it can sometimes take me several times hitting the "B" button in order to get the high res view...so maybe I was hitting it, and it just wasn't registering. Again...that is probably a "love hate" relationship issue between me and the controller, not a programming issue on your side. Smile
Maybe it's that we can't switch to high-res view until it's loaded, which is when we show the "hold B/Y" message.

In fact we automatically load the high-res image when you come to a stop, and automatically apply it to the current scene when loaded. So you're already seeing the high-res image by the time that message comes up. Holding B/Y just moves your viewpoint to the center of the image and hides everything else.