Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oculus Go neck turn angle
Very slick product!  I think it's going to get me hooked on using my exercise bike!

Quick question - is it possible to adjust the turn angle of the Oculus Go? I feel like I have to bend my neck a bit further than I'm comfortable.

Thank you!

-arnold
Not currently. We found that when making it more sensitive, a number of people not used to it would steer wildly and become fearful. Everybody's different so we could add an option in the future.

One thing you may not realize is that head tilt alone isn't enough to go around curves, you need to look into them a bit as well. Sometimes when people understand that they realize they have to steer less. Steering alone changes your relative velocity and the direction your avatar faces, but if your head doesn't follow the avatar then steering can only changes lanes and not go around curves.

If you still need to turn tighter with less head tilt, try pedaling slower or increasing your difficulty to go slower. Speed, steering, and look direction all affect how tight of a curve you can go around.
(08-07-2020, 06:58 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Not currently. We found that when making it more sensitive, a number of people not used to it would steer wildly and become fearful.  Everybody's different so we could add an option in the future.

One thing you may not realize is that head tilt alone isn't enough to go around curves, you need to look into them a bit as well.  Sometimes when people understand that they realize they have to steer less.  Steering alone changes your relative velocity and the direction your avatar faces, but if your head doesn't follow the avatar then steering can only change lanes and not go around curves.

If you still need to turn tighter with less head tilt, try pedaling slower or increasing your difficulty to go slower.  Speed, steering, and look direction all affect how tight of a curve you can go around.

Thank you!