Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can you display games on regular ( non vr) screen
(08-07-2020, 06:45 PM)emalafeew Wrote: You use the phone's touch screen to control the app.  No media button necessary since there's no gaze selection with 2D  ;->

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I can't get the app to work. It keeps trying to load Samsung Gear VR and there is no icon for VZ Fit on my phone for me to open the app. I'm not sure what's going on. I really want to try the Explorer app as I think it's something I'd use a lot.
Yup I'm making a new build, the last one accidentally included the Oculus SDK even though it didn't use it, which triggered the odd behavior you're seeing.
Okay the build is fixed at that link, sorry for the problem!
(08-08-2020, 02:15 AM)emalafeew Wrote: Okay the build is fixed at that link, sorry for the problem!

Thanks very, very much! This update works great on my S7 and I have done my first bike ride today in Explorer (just half of the 18 miles Colorado River ride). It works great with my CooSpo cadence sensor and when I use Samsung Side Sync to mirror my phone's screen to my desktop on my PC. The graphics don't look great when I maximise the desktop display to full screen but that's to be expected as I guess it's stretching the image and instead of using the resolution of my desktop display, it's using the phones.

Maybe one day I will find a cheap Oculus Quest and buy one as I'm sure this would be great in VR but for now I am happy with using it on my phone.

It would be great if you could include the VZ Fit Play cycling game in the app too and maybe some suggested rides for beginners, intermediate and experienced riders or for different fitness levels (I wasn't sure which ride to pick out of the many available and just chose the first one and did half of the distance).

Thanks again for updating the app. I'm so glad I can use the app now.