Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeTour bugs / glitches
Bug 
Losing speed when drafting:    I remember this bug from the last time I played, back on VirZoom Arcade.   Sometimes when drafting another rider, my speed slows down to a maximum of ~64, regardless of how fast I pedal  (and with the RPMs clearly visible in the overhead menu, I know my pedaling speed is being tracked correctly).   As soon as I break out of the draft, my speed rockets up to the appropriate level for how I'm pedaling.

Overhead Menu Disappears when Emoting:  After sending an emote or a speech blurb, the overhead menu disappears for a while. I assume this is so that you can see your own emote / blurb when it goes up into the air, but I couldn't see them anyways.  Either way, the menu could stand to reappear a bit sooner.

Speech Blurbs Mirrored in Menu:  !olleH  !tsud ym taE   !tuo kooL   ...  *ahem* All the text is mirrored horizontally in the speech-blurb menu.  Tongue

When you go off course, you REALLY go off course:   Just to see if it was the same as in VirZoom Arcade, I tried biking off-road.  Sure enough, after a few seconds the view faded out and it reset me (and all the NPC bikers in front of me) ... but instead of being placed gently back on the road, it put me and the NPCs slightly UNDER the map, lol.  After that point we were stuck in an endless cycle of falling for a few seconds, getting reset back to the same point underneath the map, and repeating.   Pretty funny, actually, but not very conducive to finishing the race.  Wink
When I played it tonight the road came to a sudden end after about fifteen minutes and I went flying off a cliff into space. I don't remember that ever happening on the PC. However, I hadn't installed the latest updates before playing it.

It was also showing a fixed 999m distance to the next gate as I cycled up to the cliff, so I suspect the 'pick the next track section to use for the next gate' code had screwed up and neglected to extend the track.
(03-26-2019, 05:14 AM)edmg Wrote: When I played it tonight the road came to a sudden end after about fifteen minutes and I went flying off a cliff into space. I don't remember that ever happening on the PC. However, I hadn't installed the latest updates before playing it.

It was also showing a fixed 999m distance to the next gate as I cycled up to the cliff, so I suspect the 'pick the next track section to use for the next gate' code had screwed up and neglected to extend the track.

Make sure you've downloaded the latest build, we fixed that in yesterday's based on your report.  Smile 
The Go usually offers to update to new builds when you launch, or you can see and download them manually from Updates section of your Library.
Crash thanks for feedback!

1. Losing speed when drafting: This is actually a feature of drafting, that you are locked into the speed of the rider in front of you while you are pedaling up to 20% less their speed. So it's really meant to catch your breath during a heavy workout, letting you maintain speed for less pedaling in exchange for following skill, rather than a way to boost your speed.

2. Overhead Menu Disappears when Emoting: Emotes are supposed to be disabled until we can find a way to map to VZ Button! It's a bug they are still enabled for VZ Bikes.

3. Speech Blurbs Mirrored in Menu: See above Smile

4. When you go off course, you REALLY go off course: We'll check it out, it was teleporting you nicely back last time we tested that!