Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart rate + Other feedback
displaying the heart rate would be cool since it can make it easier to stay within the correct heart rate zone.
(07-11-2020, 11:00 PM)ErikEngerd Wrote: displaying the heart rate would be cool since it can make it easier to stay within the correct heart rate zone.

Yep we currently do this for original VZ bike owners and are going to add bluetooth heartrate sensor support.  Unfortunately that won't cover the two most common devices people have: Fitbit (which doesn't broadcast their heartrate, but sends to their server to see it overlaid on your VZ workout afterward), and iWatch (which uses a proprietary protocol to speak only with Apple products).  

We have plans to build a companion app to ferry iWatch data to Oculus headset, but hopefully enough people are using bluetooth heartrate sensors to take advantage when we add that.
Any news on this for Explorer? I have a Garmin Dual HR sensor that connects to Wahoo fitness app that syncs to Strava, but this makes two different activities in Strava, one with just heart rate and one for the Explorer ride, it works fine, just a little annoying. Apart from that, seeing live HR in VR Explorer would be a very cool feature.
Not yet. We'll have a place to put such hookup in a separate Device menu we're adding this sprint. We're full-bore on making changes for the Oculus Store but could do right after that.

I didn't even think of reporting heartrate within our Strava waypoints, that's a great idea and we'll do that when possible.
(06-27-2020, 04:57 PM)emalafeew Wrote: It's on our backlog to build a companion app in order to integrate HealthKit and iWatch.  Everytime someone mentions it goes up in priority.  

We plan connect to other bluetooth heartrate trackers without that, but that would just be for displaying heartrate in our HUD and making better calories estimates for Fitbit, because we can't talk to HealthKit without a companion app.

Also would be interesting in apple watch companion (hadn't realized it was a vote Wink. Also for apple watch there appears to be an app for streaming HR via bluetooh, not sure how viable it is though.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/blueheart-...03543?mt=8
I just want to throw out there that there is an app on sidequest called YUR you can connect a HR monitor to, and it has a hud that you can popup in the game.

https://youtu.be/xe5LHHl0X7M

I've been using it for a while now
(06-27-2020, 04:57 PM)emalafeew Wrote: It's on our backlog to build a companion app in order to integrate HealthKit and iWatch.  Everytime someone mentions it goes up in priority.  

We plan connect to other bluetooth heartrate trackers without that, but that would just be for displaying heartrate in our HUD and making better calories estimates for Fitbit, because we can't talk to HealthKit without a companion app.

It would be awesome if you could include FitBit and Samsung Health/Samsung Watch in this integration plan. They may not be as ubiquitous as HealthKit in general, but I feel like Oculus users tend toward android/non-apple. If not, I also have a Polar heart rate monitor, but it'd be great to have everything sync.
We have fitbit integration through our server now. So your vzfit workouts will be presented with heartrate data recorded from your fitbit on the fitbit app. But fitbit does not offer live heartrate connection data to show in the vzfit HUD.

When we are able to make and maintain a companion app we should be able to reach samsung watch and iwatch HUD data in realtime. But neither of those broadcast bluetooth heartrate data like the Polar, which will probably be our first integration.