Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Smart trainer
I noticed in the "Our next update" thread that you are working on "Support for FTMS trainers, possibly with resistance control".

Can you tell me which trainer the Devs are using for testing this? I've been thinking about getting a Smart trainer and I would like to consider getting the same one they are using.

I'm not promising I'll get the same one I'd just like to be able to consider that as a factor.
I've not got a road bike so not interested in a trainer, but I have been looking at some of the better indoor smart bikes out there. Bodybike, Wahoo Kickr and the Wattbike Atom seem to be the big names.

I'm really liking the look of the Wattbike Atom, a lot cheaper than the others too, which are frankly quite a bit more than I paid for my last car!

It's a shame the Concept 2 bike-erg can't allow for automatic resistance change else that would be an easy choice, love my Concept 2 rower.
We grabbed a Cycleops Trainer for our testing mostly because it was in stock, but all trainers use the same base FTMS profile. We are also working very closely with the engineers over at Kinetic to help with any questions that come up during testing.
Excellent! I'm glad to hear the Kinetic engineers are helping out since I just got a Kinetic Rock and Roll Control trainer. In fact today was my first Explorer ride with it. If I could do something like the Kinetic Fit App workouts while in Vzfit Explorer and upload the results to Strava I would be ecstatic. Something like that would take Explorer to the next level. Smile
Our CycleOps M2 trainer turned out to not have FTMS but the older Cycling Power bluetooth profile.

So we added support for Cycling Power and are awaiting a Kinetic Rock 'n Roll trainer to integrate FTMS. Our next release is only a week away, so FTMS might have to wait until the next one.
(06-13-2020, 04:55 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Our CycleOps M2 trainer turned out to not have FTMS but the older Cycling Power bluetooth profile.  

So we added support for Cycling Power and are awaiting a Kinetic Rock 'n Roll trainer to integrate FTMS.  Our next release is only a week away, so FTMS might have to wait until the next one.

Hi,
do you plane include FTMS compatibility with Domyos stationary bike like this, please? Domyos (Decathlon) machines are cheaper, they have good built quality and in Europe is easy to buy it without additional transport  nad duty fees. Thank you. Daniel

https://www.kinomap.com/en/compatibility...rm-android