Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand controller
(07-02-2020, 01:49 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 12:16 PM)GPz4e3D Wrote: Good morning.

Having similar challenges with respect to controller connectivity.

My phone indicates, via Oculus app, that headset IS connected to controller. The wand controller allows for screen manipulation so seems functional.

The thumb control pad flashes blue, controls volume in headset by left/right thumb buttons, and also responds to “press A to connect” prompt.

However, once I press A, and cycle the crank (and associated vzfit crank bluetooth sensor), nothing happens. No message, just spinning the pedals and no connection. Typically I would see the headset centering function pop up and I’d begin to ride. I do not see this centering function or any other indication/messaging.

I have inserted new batteries into both of the vzfit sensors and also tried the experimental pairing algorithm suggested in this thread.

Might I need a new vzfit crank sensor? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

So, after you press A to connect the thumb button, you are seeing "PEDAL TO CONNECT VZ SENSOR" forever even though you are pedaling?

The issue seems to be with the crank sensor only then, not the thumb button or any of its related pairing.  

Just to be sure, is your crank sensor mounted vertically on your crank?  When you rotate the crank faster than 90 deg/s do you see its flashing green led?  Can you connect if you rotate it in your hand the same way?

Thanks for the quick response.

Correct, after pressing A, I see the pedal to connect message, essentially indefinitely while I continue pedaling.

Yes, vertical orientation on the inside of crank shaft. No on green led indicator, at 90/s, on crank shaft or by hand.

This is helpful feedback. I will try another new crank sensor battery and also order a new sensor kit, just in case.

These are the original sensors so have gotten quite a bit of use on them to date.

Hope to be back on Virzoom soon. I miss the ability to jump in and ride.

Have a good day.
Hi,

Can you email support@virzoom.com so I can help you there? We'll sort this out quickly.

Thanks,
Jason
Im having the same issue. The buttons arent working. It looks to be paired via the Iphone Oculus App but it just doesnt respond.
Hi nynex, does it appear in the headset settings->experimental->Bluetooth ? Maybe try impairing from modulus phone app and try repairing there in headset. You can tell if it's paired by pressing + and - and volume should change, even outside our apps