Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increase speed or RPM?
Hello and good evening. I have a question, there is any option to increase RPM for moving faster?
Seems that sensor is working well because is detectig every step and cadence is working well, but seems that speed is very low. For every 3 pedal round is only turning one in the VR bike, even with difficulty 1.

Kind Regards and thank you very much for your time.
In Explorer you should see one-to-one mapping of pedal rotations. Lower diifficulty wouldn't change that, but would make the bike go further with less pedaling.

If you're seeing 3-to-1 can I ask if your sensor is mounted to the crank with its flat surface vertical? Sometimes people hit it with their feet, and if it spins halfway around the crank you'll get weird reporting.
Hello Emalafeew thanks for your fast response. Yes, is mounted to the crank with its flat surface vertical. I will be trying diferent positions over the weekend to see if i can solve it.

Kind regards and thank you again.
Also may I ask what the RPM, which stands for revolutions-per-minute, in the HUD states? If you pedal one revolution per second it should read 60.
Wink 
[Image: imgbb.com][Image: 20200517-150428.jpg]

This is the image where the sensor is installed and here you have a youtube video that I just uploaded where shows cadence and RPM at different speeds.

https://youtu.be/7ajdFBdhR0k

As you can see, spins goes much higher than rpm, and even when pedaling faster RPM does not goes up to 60, it barely reaches 45 rpm.
Sorry your video is blocked for me because it contains music.

But I can see from your picture you are not using a VZ Sensor. You have it mounted correctly for a cadence sensor but I’m going to guess it is a speed sensor, or a combo sensor in speed mode.

Speed sensors (or speed mode) are meant to be mounted on the rear hub of an open wheel, and measure rotations in a different direction than cadence sensors.

Fortunately you can test cadence or speed sensors with other apps. If you have a smartphone there’s a free program called nRF Toolbox. Tell it you have a cadence or speed sensor and it will tell you each rotation as your turn it by hand. If it’s a cadence sensor it will measure rotations with the flat side vertical, but if it’s a speed sensor it will measure them with the long side horizontal.

Your sensor appears to be made by Magene and may be switchable between cadence and speed modes by reinserting the battery. Consult your owners manual to be sure and let us know what you find!
Wow, that is very concise information that I was not aware of, I will try it right now.

Exactly, you were right, just by reseting the device, rpm went from 30rpm to 60rpm by normal cycling and up to 120-130 when pedaling hard. So you solved my problem and hope this solution can help other people Smile)
Much appreciated!!
You're very welcome!