Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring Points in Car Racing is a bit wonky...I get it but....
The first time I played this game was for the weekly event. I jumped in for half an hour, was 1st the entire time but scored so low. I was really confused.

Turns out, I was going so fast the whole time, I was losing out on 100+ points each lap because I blew my load and could no longer beat my previous time. Apparently I also went so fast, I only got one extra opponent in the race? (possible bug)

So in order to get the most points possible I do the following: (I don't race)

Step 1. Purposely go as slow as possible to just barely beat the bot cars, get another opponent in the race
Step 2. Do this again, but only a little faster so you beat your previous lap time.
Step 3. Begin to introduce using boost to beat your previous time but as little as possible
Step 4. Speed of bots increases so you have to start using more boost.
Step 5. You've maxed out your highest speed 15min into the 45 min workout.
Step 6. Be sad that for 30 mins you're only going to get 100 points tops, or simply keep doing 15 min challenges to accrue points faster
(05-05-2020, 07:26 PM)Loyalty Wrote: The first time I played this game was for the weekly event. I jumped in for half an hour, was 1st the entire time but scored so low. I was really confused.

Turns out, I was going so fast the whole time, I was losing out on 100+ points each lap because I blew my load and could no longer beat my previous time. Apparently I also went so fast, I only got one extra opponent in the race? (possible bug)

So in order to get the most points possible I do the following: (I don't race)

Step 1. Purposely go as slow as possible to just barely beat the bot cars, get another opponent in the race
Step 2. Do this again, but only a little faster so you beat your previous lap time.
Step 3. Begin to introduce using boost to beat your previous time but as little as possible
Step 4. Speed of bots increases so you have to start using more boost.
Step 5. You've maxed out your highest speed 15min into the 45 min workout.
Step 6. Be sad that for 30 mins you're only going to get 100 points tops, or simply keep doing 15 min challenges to accrue points faster

Thanks for the detailed scoring critique, and congrats on 3-starring Curvy Race at 10, 20, and 30 minutes!  You're pretty high on its leaderboards so have figured out the strategy better than almost everyone.

It does sound like a bug if you didn't get a new bot when coming in first place, which happens until you have 7 bots.

You get 20 coins every time you pass a bot, did you notice that as you lapped opponents?  That's supposed to take up the scoring slack after you've generated the maximum.

As you note, you get 100 coins each time you beat your previous best lap.  That's definitely the main point of this game, and is supposed to be hard if you're also going faster than the bots.  

To make these levels more interesting in the future we've got Kart Racer ideas in the backlog, but since we love simulation also want to introduce sliding so you modulate your speed to take turns with the most traction. That would also give natural interval exercise rather than a constant sprint.

One way to make it a tougher workout would be to increase your difficulty, to go slower for the same pedaling speed.  Note we allow all difficulties on the leaderboards because we can't account for your bike's resistance, so it really comes down to making it a good workout for yourself.