Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vz explorer
Hi Ron,
I understand the confusion at roundabouts. Due to Streetview sampling we have to show white dots near the path out to a few meters. If you take them slow enough the farthest white dot you can see should point the way.

The best way to take tight turns is to slow down your pedaling, or increase your difficulty to likewise lower your virtual speed. The amount you lean determines your rotation rate. so slower speeds will produce smaller arcs with the same lean.

Most of the Options are already sticky, the only one that's not currently is the Trainer which we are rectifying in next build.
Is anyone else having troubles getting explorer working today? I connect my sensor then it verifies my subscription then everything goes black. I have tried restarting oculus but still the same issue. Play works fine. Any suggestions?!
(06-02-2020, 06:56 AM)Flave13 Wrote: Is anyone else having troubles getting explorer working today? I connect my sensor then it verifies my subscription then everything goes black. I have tried restarting oculus but still the same issue. Play works fine. Any suggestions?!

Hi Flave13, I've just completed my morning session with no problems, sorry I have no suggestions except for reloading VzFit itself.
(06-02-2020, 07:56 AM)RonBird Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 06:56 AM)Flave13 Wrote: Is anyone else having troubles getting explorer working today? I connect my sensor then it verifies my subscription then everything goes black. I have tried restarting oculus but still the same issue. Play works fine. Any suggestions?!

Hi Flave13, I've just completed my morning session with no problems, sorry I have no suggestions except for reloading VzFit itself.

Hi RonBird it seems like connecting Strava in VZFit gave me the issues, as soon as i disconnected Strava explorer has been working normally again.
‘morning guys,

I’m still on my journey across Europe and have now reached the area around Audabiac, Lussan, in France. I am on the D6 road traveling west running between the D144 junction and the D979 junction. The white dots on just this stretch on road have drop shadows! They are not very good drop shadows, I expected them to be cast at a similar angle to those shadows cast by the bike, which they are not, they are also not very sharp. However they are still drop shadows. Actually while on the subject of these dots, what is their approximate pitch? This has intrigued me for sometime. I assume it is based on the frequency at which Google take the photos.

Comment about the selected route and I realise VZfit may be limited by what Google Maps offer. I’m on a virtual bike, there is really no need for me to travel along the main routes, the one thing I’m not in is; a hurry ;-) Google offer a walking route which would be more visually interesting to virtually travel. A further enhancement but not offered by Google, even on their walking route, would be to not by-pass the towns and villages. If you are in a real car and wanting to get from A to B I can understand why you might not wish to travel via the village centres, and indeed why some villages would not want you passing through polluting and endangering the area. But I’m doing neither, I’m a virtual traveler, and wish to enjoy visually what these villages have to offer.

Even if I can’t stop for a little coffee and brandy at the local café while passing ;-)

Best r

Hi, I've found how to take a screen shot and I enclose a picture of a drop shadow, these shadows change position, shape and number over this section of the ride and only exist over this section of all the sections I've ridden.
Cheers r
I uploaded a ride through the Kruger National Park in South Africa, hoping to spot some wildlife. But the ride acts weird. It went to 100% immediately when I started, and the time doesn't go up either. What happened?
(06-10-2020, 03:54 PM)RonBird Wrote: Hi, I've found how to take a screen shot and I enclose a picture of a drop shadow, these shadows change position, shape and number over this section of the ride and only exist over this section of all the sections I've ridden.
Cheers r

Ah! that drop shadow, I think its cast by the Google car and they've not cleaned it up, it just happens to coincide with the vz explorer white dot  ;-)

Hi I have reached Aniane, Occitanie, France. on the D32
43,69218 - 3,58229
the route divides two ways I'm offered dots in both directions but the route just stops if you follow either.
I enclose a screen shot from Strava

EDIT

I've looked into this, and I've found that Street View has not caught up with the map view.
What appears as a four way roundabout in Maps is still a three way junction in Street View.
They are building a village by-pass. When Street View catches up all will be sorted so there is really no need to review this portion.
Meanwhile I've begun a coninuation of my trip by re starting the ride a little further along the route ;-)

Best Ron
(06-12-2020, 04:39 AM)Hanne Wrote: I uploaded a ride through the Kruger National Park in South Africa, hoping to spot some wildlife. But the ride acts weird. It went to 100% immediately when I started, and the time doesn't go up either. What happened?

Did you make a "loop?"  This will happen if the "Start" and "End" places are in the same spot (or too close together.)  Try moving the start/end a little farther away from each other.