Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom ride creation on vzfit.com
I've been using VZ fit for some time, and I only now decided to try to create a ride utilizing Google Maps. I have followed your published directions. I made sure to only select the one layer rather than the entire map. I select to export as KMZ (but the resulting file has an .xml tagged on the backend) (I even occasionally tried deleting the .xml, it didn't help.) and yes I also tried the file with the .xml as well.

I was able to export one single ride, a very simple one that I made as a base test.
Now I don't know why none of the other rides will export. I get a "this field required" message or the other message is " no such child: {http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2}LineString"

rather tedious, I don't know why its not working and I can't imagine what I did that was different for the one custom ride that I had been able to make. It just ended up working after several tries.

keep in mind that I also tried several times to upload the file as it appears (without deleting the xml.) it doesn't work either way.
As to the (this field is required button) I assume it refers to the "location" field, and yes I entered a name into that, but after I get the "no child error message" all the info I input disappears.
there's a little circle with an "I" for info, I click on that in hopes of learning what's wrong, but no info appears. Please help. I am tired of the hit and miss function of entering a location from the in app screen. I had hoped that this mapping feature could help create more interesting rides.

can anyone help?
(06-21-2020, 06:01 PM)DonnaC Wrote: I've been using VZ fit for some time, and I only now decided to try to create a ride utilizing Google Maps. I have followed your published directions. I made sure to only select the one layer rather than the entire map. I select to export as KMZ (but the resulting file has an .xml tagged on the backend) (I even occasionally tried deleting the .xml, it didn't help.) and yes I also tried the file with the .xml as well.

I was able to export one single ride, a very simple one that I made as a base test.
Now I don't know why none of the other rides will export. I get a "this field required" message or the other message is " no such child: {http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2}LineString"

rather tedious, I don't know why its not working and I can't imagine what I did that was different for the one custom ride that I had been able to make. It just ended up working after several tries.

keep in mind that I also tried several times to upload the file as it appears (without deleting the xml.) it doesn't work either way.
As to the (this field is required button) I assume it refers to the "location" field, and yes I entered a name into that, but after I get the "no child error message" all the info I input disappears.
there's a little circle with an "I" for info, I click on that in hopes of learning what's wrong, but no info appears. Please help. I am tired of the hit and miss function of entering a location from the in app screen. I had hoped that this mapping feature could help create more interesting rides.

can anyone help?

Hi,
I have same problem with " no such child: {http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2}LineString". It could be nice to fix this bug. Thanks.
By chance are either of you on Mac?
(06-22-2020, 10:59 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: By chance are either of you on Mac?

Hi,
no, I have PC with Win 10 OS.

Best
Dan
If you can provide a link to the My Maps page I can take a look. It's very difficult to trouble shoot these without having access to the Map or KML file.

There is a share option right on the top of ride creation section on MyMaps