Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Route Reviews?
I'm wondering if a new section of the forum might be created to highlight reviews of shared routes.

It might be helpful for users to have a bit more information than just the title of the route...especially as some custom routes created in headset do not have the ability to edit names after the route has been created or shared. 

This might also allow users to highlight custom routes they just created that may be of interest to other riders.
I'd be happy to make that, alongside of General Discussion. Each thread would be the name of the route, and people could make threads for the routes they share to describe them as a starting point?

We've also been thinking of a better way than total spins on a ride to sort the "Popular" rides tab. Maybe give users the way to rate 1-5 stars when they get to finish line?
(03-27-2020, 06:45 PM)emalafeew Wrote: I'd be happy to make that, alongside of General Discussion.  Each thread would be the name of the route, and people could make threads for the routes they share to describe them as a starting point?

We've also been thinking of a better way than total spins on a ride to sort the "Popular" rides tab.  Maybe give users the way to rate 1-5 stars when they get to finish line?

Some sort of crowd sourced rating system might be good.

If it is a bad ride though...I wonder how many would wait until they crossed the finish line?  Rolleyes
If I were to create the Route Reviews forum, would people here help establish it? I wouldn’t want it to start out empty.

If one or people sign up on this thread to write 10 initial reviews we can make that forum.

Btw rides that get good reviews could get moved ahead on our popular rides tab until there’s a crowd rating system.
(03-31-2020, 11:31 AM)emalafeew Wrote: If I were to create the Route Reviews forum, would people here help establish it?  I wouldn’t want it to start out empty.  

If people sign up on this thread to write a 10 initial reviews we can make that forum.

Btw rides that get good reviews could get moved ahead on our popular rides tab until there’s a crowd rating system.

I have mainly been focused on my custom rides. I'm not sure that I could write 10 reviews. That said...if you created a route reviews forum, I would be happy to take a break from my current route, and start reviewing some of the recommended content.
That would be awesome. Hopefully we can get a few more Explorers to chip in.

Btw the message-of-the-day system I'm putting into both games now could also encourage people to write reviews.
I would definitely leave reviews on the forum. It would be cool if you can pipe them into the game some how to. I'm not sure how Oculus does it, I've never rated a game but I like how you can view the reviews.
Great I'll set it up soon!
We finally created the Ride Reviews forum here

https://forums.vzfit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8

Please go there to leave reviews and ratings for shared rides. At some point we'll tie the overall ratings back into the game!
We added Bike The Drive Chicago Charity Ride to our suggested list

https://forums.vzfit.com/showthread.php?tid=331

PeteMac's Cambridge City Ride is also recent and a good example for City Mode

https://forums.vzfit.com/showthread.php?tid=289