Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie challenges.
I just purchased the bike, Oculus GO, and VZFit in order to have multiple VR routes as I bike.  I've downloaded the two apps (Explore and Play) onto the headset.  I clicked on Explore to begin and I was immediately taken to a site in Arizona (Red rocks?).  I never saw a menu to choose the site I want - but for starters this was OK.  Then I centered the bike (easy to do).  But when I started peddling, I just sat there, looking at the scenery.  I pushed the A tab, then the B tab, then checked to make sure the señsor was working.  Nothing worked - even after 10 minutes of steady peddling.  I'm not even sure what the 4 tabs do - this was not addressed in the instructions I got.  Do I need to keep the A button depressed during the entire ride?  I'm obviously missing something.  Thoughts?  thanks.
If you look at the display near the top of the screen there is a compass - if you look at that (so it kinda lights up) and click the A button does it do anything? It should bring up a menu.
(03-18-2020, 07:28 PM)Mennis Wrote: I just purchased the bike, Oculus GO, and VZFit in order to have multiple VR routes as I bike.  I've downloaded the two apps (Explore and Play) onto the headset.  I clicked on Explore to begin and I was immediately taken to a site in Arizona (Red rocks?).  I never saw a menu to choose the site I want - but for starters this was OK.  Then I centered the bike (easy to do).  But when I started peddling, I just sat there, looking at the scenery.  I pushed the A tab, then the B tab, then checked to make sure the señsor was working.  Nothing worked - even after 10 minutes of steady peddling.  I'm not even sure what the 4 tabs do - this was not addressed in the instructions I got.  Do I need to keep the A button depressed during the entire ride?  I'm obviously missing something.  Thoughts?  thanks.

Hey Mennis,
This sounds like a bug you hit a start up bug. Can you try restarting the App and see if you have the same results? You should have a UI in front of you that tells you distance and has the compass stained mentioned which will open the menu.

Let me know if I can help!
(03-18-2020, 07:28 PM)Mennis Wrote: I just purchased the bike, Oculus GO, and VZFit in order to have multiple VR routes as I bike.  I've downloaded the two apps (Explore and Play) onto the headset.  I clicked on Explore to begin and I was immediately taken to a site in Arizona (Red rocks?).  I never saw a menu to choose the site I want - but for starters this was OK.  Then I centered the bike (easy to do).  But when I started peddling, I just sat there, looking at the scenery.  I pushed the A tab, then the B tab, then checked to make sure the señsor was working.  Nothing worked - even after 10 minutes of steady peddling.  I'm not even sure what the 4 tabs do - this was not addressed in the instructions I got.  Do I need to keep the A button depressed during the entire ride?  I'm obviously missing something.  Thoughts?  thanks.

Welcome! Hopefully you get it figured out! Smile
Mennis you're not crazy, we've seen this issue on rare occasions on first time plays of Explorer, although we thought it was fixed for good in last build. As Snowpelt said, exit and restart Explorer and should never have that problem again. Please contact us if you do, and we'll reopen it on bug list.
(03-19-2020, 01:28 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Mennis you're not crazy, we've seen this issue on rare occasions on first time plays of Explorer, although we thought it was fixed for good in last build.  As Snowpelt said, exit and restart Explorer and should never have that problem again.  Please contact us if you do, and we'll reopen it on bug list.

Has happened several times for me. One cause is if you are in comfort mode--but it seems to happen in other modes randomly. Enormously frustrating.
(03-24-2020, 09:10 PM)rambind1 Wrote: Has happened several times for me. One cause is if you are in comfort mode--but it seems to happen in other modes randomly. Enormously frustrating.

We had not heard of this happening multiple times, only one time ever to a new account. If it’s happening to you multiple times will make it a priority, thanks for mentioning.
(03-24-2020, 09:10 PM)rambind1 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 01:28 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Mennis you're not crazy, we've seen this issue on rare occasions on first time plays of Explorer, although we thought it was fixed for good in last build.  As Snowpelt said, exit and restart Explorer and should never have that problem again.  Please contact us if you do, and we'll reopen it on bug list.

Has happened several times for me. One cause is if you are in comfort mode--but it seems to happen in other modes randomly. Enormously frustrating.
I appreciate the responses.  I was finally able to open the menu by clicking on the compass.  But I am still unable to get the bike to move forward down the road, even though I see the white dots to follow.  I restarted the explorer app and nothing changed.  Do I need to delete the app and re-install it?  I haven't checked yet to see if I'm in the comfort mode.  How do I check what mode I'm in.  Thanks much.

Mike
(03-26-2020, 12:34 AM)Mennis Wrote: I appreciate the responses.  I was finally able to open the menu by clicking on the compass.  But I am still unable to get the bike to move forward down the road, even though I see the white dots to follow.  I restarted the explorer app and nothing changed.  Do I need to delete the app and re-install it?  I haven't checked yet to see if I'm in the comfort mode.  How do I check what mode I'm in.  Thanks much.

Mike

When you pedal do you hear the pedaling sound and see your virtual bike pedals moving? Note you cannot move while the menu is up. Are you saying you are stuck after selecting a ride and choosing “ride from start”?

Also do you have any problem moving in VZfit Play? Thanks for hanging in there!